Chapter Forty Four- The Priest in the Shadows

Still in the past...

The Eondoeg Mun Palace...

The answer Jang Yoo Jin was looking for came to him, three weeks after the murder of the princes.

A stranger arrived at the Palace gates in the middle of the night, asking for audience with the King.

The evil aura surrounding him, made the gate guards hesitate to tell him off for his outrageous demand.

They went to report to the Head guard at once.

"Who dares try to see Jeonha at this late hour?" He asked, irritated that they had actually come to the Sky Palace to report such a thing.

He glared at his deputy.

"Couldn't you handle this? It is obvious that he will not be allowed. He should even be punished for daring to come here at this hour."

"Head guard." The deputy began apologetically. "The gate guards say he possesses an extremely fearful aura, and that he is dressed similarly to the Grand Priest that came eight days ago. I think it is a Grand Priest." He bowed.

"I thought Jeonha might want to see him, since he has been summoning all the strong priests and shamans." The Head guard thought about this.

"Hmm. You made the right move, given the situation." He strode off to inform the King.

.

The Grand Priest walked over to the throne, but did not perform the full bow.

He merely bent over respectfully, but straightened almost immediately.

"Do you want to die?!" The Head guard bellowed, but the King raised a hand, and he fell silent.

"Leave us." He ordered. The Head guard, his deputy, the other guards and eunuchs all bowed and left.

"Grand Priest, Seong Su Min, greets you, Jeonha." The Grand Priest spoke when the sliding doors had shut behind them.

Yoo Jin looked down at the priest before him.

He was not an ordinary priest.

.

Hayan had awoken from sleep the minute the strange Grand Priest had set foot in the Palace.

However, she did not know why she had awoken.

She just felt a sudden sense of danger from the Palace.

She closed her eyes in concentration, then reopened them.

Her sleeping hanbok had changed to a regular yungbok.

She disappeared and reappeared near the gates of the Palace.

There were a few places the deities could not appear into.

These were the Palace, each other's houses, and the hidden temples.

Still, being too fast for human eyes when they wanted to be, they could stealthily go in.

Or so she thought...

She sped toward the Palace eastern wall, but before she reached it, an unnatural force pushed her back.

"Huh?" She reached out a hand to touch the solid stone wall, but  before her hand reached it, it met a strange barrier.

She took a step back, crashed into someone's chest, and nearly exclaimed aloud, but a hand reached up and covered her mouth.

"This place must really be strange, if you didn't sense my presence at all." The person said, and Hayan relaxed, recognizing his voice and feel.

He removed the hand covering her mouth, and she turned to face him.