Chapter Sixteen- Do I love you?

A week later...

Choi Chun Hwa staggered further away from the hidden temple, ducking between buildings to escape his pursuers. Using the dark night to his advantage, he managed to elude them.

He removed his palm, which had been pressed against his side, and noted that the stab wound was bleeding profusely. There was another wound on his thigh, but he ignored it. He clapped his hand back over his side and staggered toward Lord Kim's household.

He had to see Tae Jun.

.

Three days ago, he and Tae Jun had met and discussed what the Prime Minister might be doing in Nam Guk. They had decided to quietly investigate, search for more clues...

Then the previous day, the body of the Silent Monk had been discovered floating in a river. The body might have been lost forever, but somehow, the monk's led had been latched to the bank of the river with weeds.

Of course, Tae Jun had told him the story of the Silent Monk.

If the hidden temples had once been home to the Grand Priests, then the hidden temple in Nam Guk was a good place to start their investigation....

Chun Hwa had gone back to the hidden temple alone, slipping away from his aide quietly. He had looked through the temple for hours, going through the mundane temple records.

All he found was an old diary, detailing the life of a past Grand Priest.

The only thing interesting in the diary, was a suspicion the old man had had. The old man had been afraid that his apprentice was going to surpass him. But he had been even more afraid of the evil he sensed within his apprentice.

As he had described his fears: '...evil that has lain dead for centuries. He bears a darkness that has not been heard of for a long time...'

Chun Hwa found it interesting, but not interesting enough... It did not seem like something Sang Yoo Jin would have been interested in.

As it grew dark, he decided to go back, but stopped short at the sound of movement. He hid himself quickly, watching as two men, dressed like personal guards, passed by the temple library, where he was hidden.

This temple was supposed to be deserted...

Curious as always, Chun Hwa had followed silently. As they went, he noticed they were going further and deeper into the temple, passing through a hidden door he had not found before.

'Jackpot!' He thought to himself. He would surely find something here...

The walls here were old, crumbling in some places, and cobwebs had become a solid part of the building. The men finally went through a set of heavy wooden doors, and Chun Hwa stopped short, hiding in the shadows to observe them and listen.

There were about a dozen men in total inside, quietly discussing. Two were nobles, but he could not see their faces. The Prime Minister came to mind, but he couldn't be sure.

"...It is the right season, Daegam. We have laid enough in place... I think it is time to throw Eondeog Mun into temporary shadow." One of the noble men spoke, gently dropping a cup he had been holding.

The other filled both their cups, appearing deep in thought. Then he downed the contents of his own cup in one swallow.

"Indeed. The meeting with the Silent Monk didn't go as planned, but I think it is time to clarify my intentions to Jeonha!"

The statement and the way the man spat out the word 'Jeonha', made Chun Hwa certain; it was Sang Yoo Jin. He continued to listen.

"Let's summon the chosen magical body (priests and shamans)" Sang Yoo Jin said, dropping his cup. "It is time we destroyed the sun and pulled it out of the sky..."