Chapter Ten- Strings of fate

The Present...

The Hidden Northern Temple

Pal Wol, the shaman, stood hidden, looking up at the secret northern temple, where she knew a few priests and shamans currently hid.

It was ironic that they had chosen this temple to hide. The deities in the past stayed here whenever they came to the Capital.

Pal Wol shut her eyes, feeling the waves of magic from the hidden Shamans and Priests.

"Fate is not your friend, little one." She said to herself, remembering the child she had helped so many years ago. As a shaman, she could not see her own fate, but she saw the fate of the child...

.

Pal Wol had secretly followed other shamans for eighteen years.

After she had helped Lord Kim Dae Hyeon all those years ago, she had returned to her life of solitude.

Then, eleven years ago, the Queen had been murdered, and Pal Wol had seen much more...

More of the story of the deities.

The story of her own past...

Pal Wol pulled her cloak more securely around herself, and blended into the darkness.

It would seem that her kin would be pitted against the child. The child and her protector. She hoped they were strong enough to avoid the fate she was seeing...
.

Kim Dae Hyeon's residence...

Tae Jun rolled over on his bed, his thoughts, filled with everything he had heard from Lord Kim. His eyes blankly took in the beautiful bed-chamber he had been led to not long ago, but his mind was stuck on the magnificent story he had heard.

For more than a century, his ancestor, King Seung Jae, had been blamed for the death of the Royal family, but if the hidden records of the Palace were to be believed, he had been one of the biggest victims.

Tae Jun felt this was probably true.

If Jang Seung Jae had actually been bloodthirsty, he would have attempted to hide the truth, eliminating anyone who tried to reveal it.

Instead, the very records that could have proved him innocent, were hidden in the Palace and history had been re-written.

It also solved the mystery of why all Shamans and Priests had been banished from the Capital...the young King, Jang Seung Jae, just could not trust them.

Another mystery was the fact that the young Grand Prince had died. If the Queen wanted to rule, she would have kept her own son alive.

YET another mystery was how King Jang Yoo Jin had died. Seung Jae had been arrested for the murder of all the Princes, but there had been nothing after that. The records merely stated shortly after that Seung Jae had become King.

There were so many unanswered questions!

Tae Jun rolled over again, considering the biggest mystery of all. The four deities. He could not believe that the Kingdom was named for the four of them.

"Who where they and where had they come from?" He asked himself.

More importantly, how had they died? If they were deities, who killed them?

Recently, Tae Jun had been dreaming about the white-haired Lady, and the cursed looking hill. Was the dead Lady Hayan reaching out to him?

That did not make sense...