Chapter Thirty Six- Precious Bonds

​Chapter Thirty Six- Precious Bonds

Lord Kim Dae Hyeon's residence, that same evening...

Da Yeong heard the stone on her window and rushed to open it.

"Hyeong-nim!" She beamed at Tae Jun, who scoffed at her.

"Ya! Do you just open your window to anyone at night?" He teased.

"Ani. I already knew it was Hyeong-nim." She had somehow known that he would come, but she could not explain how.

"Hurry and come out." He said, then turned away, walking a little distance.

Da Yeong ignored her maid, who wanted her to change into something more 'elegant' to meet the Grand Prince.

Earlier, she had refused to change out of her yungbok, so she could go out quickly when he arrived.

.

Tae Jun turned as she approached, drinking in the sight of her.

He had wanted to come and see her for a long while now, especially since, because they had seen her at his father's past birthday, the young noble men of Nam Guk hung around Lord Kim's residence, some actually venturing in, feigning interest in his guards.

This greatly annoyed Tae Jun, but his father had deliberately kept him busy.

"You've been too distracted recently! Members of the Royal family always have duties and responsibilities outside their private lives."

Realizing his father was right, he had immersed himself in work, and had even gone on a few missions as Blue Bird, but he had drawn the line this evening.

He held out his hand for hers. She placed her hand in his and he smiled, noting her outfit.

"Aigoo! You have only been in Nam Guk for a while and you're pretending to be a man again." 

"A- ani. I was just practicing what I learned from Hyeong-nim."

Most of the men in training had been surprised to find that the 'Kim Do Young' who was leagues ahead of them, was actually the Master's daughter!

Several had challenged her and she had delighted in teaching them a lesson.

"It's been a while. Have you been well?" Tae Jun stated, looking her over. 

"Ye." She answered studying his own appearance.

He wore an immaculate blue and silver yungbok, the Royal family crest on his waist, lower-arm, and head bands.

His hair was packed up, and fell down his back, the shorter locks, falling to the sides of his face.

It was a look that reminded her of 'Blue Bird', and she briefly wondered why she had not recognized him them.

The cleanly cut outfit enhanced all the fine lines of his body, and she found herself thinking thoughts...thoughts a young maiden should NOT have!"

She blushed furiously and turned away.

Naturally, Tae Jun noticed immediately.

"Uh? What were you thinking about suddenly? Your face has become an interesting colour."

He jokingly touched his hand to her forehead.

"Aigoo! We can probably boil rice on this-"

"Ya, Hyeong-nim!" She protested, punching his arm. "I was not thinking anything strange..."

"Really?" He teased, and she glared at him, but turned a deeper shade of red. "Ahem. At this rate, will you be able to wait till the auspicious date?" (Referring to the night they would consummate their wedding)