Chapter Forty Five- The Hidden Hierarchy

​Chapter Forty Five- The Hidden Hierarchy

Seong Su Min sat before the King, the two studying each other silently.

Jang Yoo Jin thought to himself.

'Ah! He probably has the answer that I need, but he wants to seat on my head (Control me).'

Seong Su Min thought to himself.

'Here is a greedy, power-seeking King. I refuse to bow fully to such a person. It will be easy to control him.' He spoke finally, bowing.

"Jeonha, this servant has seen that something plagues your heart. If the heart of the King is burdened, the people can know no rest." Jang Yoo Jin smiled.

"Saying things like that to swell my sense of importance, is a skill I sharpened with my uncle, the previous King. The people eat and sleep, regardless of my burdened heart."

"Jeonha-."

"Since you see much, tell me what it is I want to know."

Seong Su Min was a bit impressed by the King.

He was no foolish ruler, content to listen to people praise him and swear loyalty.

The King had a goal and would eliminate any obstacle in his path.

Seong Su Min answered him.

"Jeonha seeks to destroy the deities. Jeonha seeks to open the four gates, so the hidden fifth gate can be opened."

The King's eyes widened at the mention of the fifth gate.

Apparently, not just anybody knew about it.

Seong Su Min continued.

"Jeonha seeks the immortal power of the creature which lies forgotten, beneath this Kingdom."

Yoo Jin barely controlled his excitement. He lifted his eyebrows at the priest.

"And? If you dared look down on the King, came to the Palace at a deadly hour, and even refused to perform the full bow, then you either want to die, or you have all the answers. Tell me."

Seong Su Min looked straight into the King's face.

"This servant wonders why Jeonha is looking everywhere for an answer, when he holds all the weapons he needs to destroy the deities."

.

The Hidden library...

As the day grew bright, soldiers arrived at the hidden library.

Pal Wol had come out in confusion, after making sure her husband and the children were hidden deep inside the library.

There were over a hundred soldiers at the gates.

"Receive the Royal order!" The leader bellowed out from the gates.

"Prime Shaman, Pal Wol, is to be arrested for treason against the King!" One of the soldiers handed him a scroll, and he read from it, bellowing out.

"The crimes are deserting the royal post of Palace Head Shaman, running away from the Palace with the King's Head guard, and stealing one of Jeonha's most precious possessions...!"

It was the last part that made Pal Wol realize that she had been betrayed by Seong Su Min.

No one else knew of the books existence, even Jeonha himself!

.

Knowing she had to protect her family, Pal Wol lifted her hand and pushed through the air, as if pushing an invisible person.