Chapter Twelve- The Silent Monk

"Eh?" Da Yeong was surprised. The Grand Prince had just agreed to train her.

"Are you suddenly deaf?" He poked her forehead. "I said I will train you. Since you put it so  'beautifully.'" He said teasing her.

Min So Yeon  choked back a laugh, and she blushed at the jest, but bowed to thank him.

"Kamsahabnida, Daegun. I will try my best to learn quickly!" 

Beside her, Ju Won was shocked as well. He never thought the Prince would accept Da Yeong's request. The Prince responded.

"You had better. I don't intend to waste my time training you. We begin at dawn tomorrow. Don't let me get to the grounds before you."

Ju Won stepped forward in protest, and Tae Jun, for reasons he didn't understand, stepped in front of him, menacingly.

"You seem like you want to protest. Do you have a problem?" He asked in obviously false calm.

"No-nothing..." Ju Won stepped back hastily. He did not like the idea of Da Yeong spending too much time with Daegun. Still, openly challenging Daegun would be foolish...

Tae Jun turned around and left, So Yeon following him.

.

Da Yeong studied Ju Won after the Grand Prince had left.

"Hyeong-nim. Are you ok?" She asked, worried. He had seemed cheerful after the game, but now he seemed to be in low spirits again. 

Ju Won forced a smile at the worried look on her face.

"Ye, I'm ok." Ju Won replied. Then his eyes widened when Da Yeong grabbed his hand.

"Ok!" She said cheerfully. "Then let us go and get a drink in town!" She began dragging him.

"What? You can't even drink... Master Kim would be angry."

"I know, I know, but still we need some sort of celebration... Daegun actually agreed to train me!" She released his hand, running up ahead.

Ju Won watched her in amusement. It was almost impossible to remain depressed when Da Yeong was like this.

Sighing, Ju Won followed her.

"Ya! Let's go together!"

Daegun assumed she was a man... He reminded himself.

He was getting worried about nothing.

.

Later that evening, One of the Nam Guk temples...

Sang Yoo Jin sat in front of the monk, who quietly prayed with his beads. The man had earned the name 'Silent Monk', because he had not spoken for almost eighteen years. But the Prime Minister was no fool.

"I know who you are." He started, fanning himself lightly and looking straight at the Priest. "You are a powerful priest, but you hide away here, pretending to be a monk. Right, Silent Monk?

"You are allowing your useful powers go to waste!"

The monk looked down at the beads he had been using to pray, dismissing Sang Yoo Jin, immediately.

The prime minister was angry.

"Do you not know who I am? Or are you feigning ignorance?!" He asked furiously. "Your face... I recognize you, Yoo Han Ho. Why do you pretend?"

The monk glanced up at him calmly. Sang Yoo Jin smiled.

"I know you remember your past life. That means you know who I am. Are you dismissing your King?!" The monk dismissed him a second time, looking down at his beads again.