Chapter Thirty Four- The Settlers

The people of Eondoeg Mun had been witnessing a strange occurrence.

It had started with a little boy, whose family lived near Seo Guk, in the Western region.

Countless times, his parents had warned him to stay away from the ominous black mountain, but he had deemed it a perfect location to practice his archery.

That morning, the boy had run home almost immediately after he had left for the mountain.

"Appa! Omma! Plants are growing on the black hill! I also saw small animals running about!" He breathlessly reported.

This should not have been news, but it was. Nothing lived, and nothing grew on the black mountain.

The boy's alarm had made the villagers, who had been sceptical, go and confirm his tale.

They had been amazed to see plants and trees growing with unnatural speed! Word had spread to Seo Guk.

This, of course, made the town Magistrate come out with his men to witness it for themselves.

In the three other regions, three other similar 'cursed' and 'ominous' mountains, one in each, seemed to be sprouting vegetation after years of being completely lifeless!

The vegetation on the mountains grew so fast that, by the third day after it was noticed, the mountains were like a dense and rich forest.

The rumours, which had begun from the first day, spread rapidly, so naturally, the King had heard.

Jang Tae Min, King of Eondoeg Mun, had no idea what it meant, and he wrote it off almost at once.

"I don't have time to be bothered with useless things like this!"

.

The Prime Minister, Sang Yoo Jin, greeted it with extreme anger, and he immediately arranged an emergency meeting with his inner circle.

Most of them had been involved a hundred and fifty years ago and had been reborn.

They knew the implications, especially since he had told them the deities had been reborn...

.

The previous King, Jang Tae Yong, greeted it with slight amusement and some mixed feelings.

This meant he might have to make a hard decision...

.

Another being was reacting differently.

The shadow beneath the Kingdom, the unknown entity, did not need to hear such things.

It had always known and felt the slow awakening of that child, the white deity.

From the shadows, it had tried to kill her once, before she was born, but it had failed.

Several times it had tried to destroy the white deity, or at least, the black deity, but all for nothing.

It had-.

No. It wasn't an 'It'.

He was a 'he'.

Yes... A long forgotten entity.

It was he who had secretly led Sang Yoo Jin, his past servant and  ally, to a high point of greed.

This was to trigger the events to kill the Grand Prince, the black deity, eleven years ago.

But he had been thwarted.

It was he who had awoken the white deity during the assassination attempt on the black deity.