Chapter Forty Three- Feelings of Unease

​Chapter Forty Three- Feelings Of Unease

Still in the past...

.

All the heirs of the royal family were dead, except one.

The Fourth Prince, Prince Jang Seung Jae.

Jang Yoo Jin, King of Eondoeg Mun, stood before the people, for once, to express his deep grief that all his children, except a murderer was dead.

The people gave the King their full support, and they wore white clothes to join in the mourning for the dead princes.

The King had blamed the deities' visit for his son's sudden bloodlust.

"The Fourth Prince was a very promising heir to the throne, despite being of low birth. He loved his brothers and the rest of the royal family! The deities must have influenced him somehow! They are against the ruling family!"

He even mentioned the gates, saying it would make the Kingdom even better, but the deities still refused to open them.

A sizeable number of people did not believe his word against the deities, but majority did.

He succeeded in turning the people away from them.

.

Seung Jae remained in prison.

Jang Yoo Jin felt a cruel pleasure in leaving him there.

He wasn't tortured or judged. He was just stuck there, waiting, wondering when the horror would start...

It was a befitting temporary punishment, before he decided to torture and kill him.

.

The Sky Palace...

"THIS IS NOT RIGHT!" The Queen cried hysterically, dressed in a beautiful white mourning hanbok, which she had dreadfully wrinkled in her grief.

"Jeonha is using the blood of his dead sons to gain support from the people!" She knelt on the floor in front of the Sky Palace.

"Please stop the false mourning, Jeonha!" She cried out amidst wretched sobs.

She hadn't been able to eat or sleep.

She kept seeing the image of her little son as the poison consumed him...

As the life went out of him...

She constantly felt like a spear was stuck in her heart.

The thought that his own father, who had probably killed him, was using his death like this, tore at her already raw heart!

"JEONHA! Please stop this political use of the dead-." She fell silent, sobbing uncontrollably as the doors were thrown open.

Yoo Jin stormed over to her and held a sword to her throat.

All the servants looked away.

"Should I reunite you with your son?" He asked calmly, then lowered his voice.

"Now, are you pretending to be a mother? You think I don't know what you were planning to do to other people's own precious children?" He looked up.

"Head Maiden! Come out here!" The Queen's eyes widened as her personal maid came out from the Sky Palace.

"Why are you coming from there-?"

"She has been my person from before you even came to the palace." He repositioned the sword, bringing the sharp tip closer to her neck.

"Then, should I punish you for murdering the royal family? I merely added Daegun to your original list. If you had not poisoned the other princes, your own son wouldn't have died... Those were my orders, but you went ahead with your evil plot."