Chapter Eighteen- Emotions...

Kim Dae Hyeon's residence...

Ju Won watched Da Yeong pace in front of her chambers. Despite the fact that she was in the main house, she still wore a yungbok.

He took a step toward her, then stepped back immediately.

Earlier, he had found out that they were supposed to escort the Grand Prince back to Gwang Guk the next day.

Da Yeong had requested that they go with the Grand Prince to the Capital, but Lord Kim had not wanted this.

The Prime Minister had left for the Capital the day before, and there was no telling what traps he had set in their paths. 

Lord Kim however, trusted the Prince with his daughter. He was also not in the mood to battle a fully determined Da Yeong.

He knew his daughter too well so, he had let them both accompany the Prince.

Ju Won was not particularly happy about it.

On one hand, he liked being around the Prince. He was nothing like what Ju Won imagined a Prince to be. From being a secret vigilante, to being an expert swordsman, to randomly disguising himself to go out, to hating his title... The Prince was surprising at almost every turn.

He had even agreed to train Da Yeong, and then Ju Won, who had swallowed his pride and asked recently.

On the other hand, Ju Won had wanted the Prince away from Da Yeong. The Prince did not even know she was a woman, and yet...

Ju Won had not gotten over the library incident. It had hurt too much, seeing Da Yeong embrace the Prince. Or even the Prince's reaction!

Now, they were supposed to spend more time escorting him.

Emboldened by the thought, he walked up to her. She spun around to face him when she heard him approach.

"Hyeong-nim!" She said in greeting, smiling up at him.

"Da Yeong-ah." He said, taking her hand. She looked a bit surprised, but did not pull away.

"Wae, Hyeong-nim?"

"Da Yeong-ah." He repeated. "Come with me."

"Hyeong-." She began, but he had turned, pulling her with him.

A few minutes later, he had led her to a small cliff. The cliff overlooked the whole of Lord Kim's vast compound, the lake and parts of the town. As children, Ju Won and Da Yeong had come here a lot.

He stopped suddenly and turned to face her.

"Da Yeong-ah. Do you want to marry the Prince?" He asked directly.

Da Yeong was surprised by the question. She peered up at Ju Won, stepping closer.

"Hyeong-nim. Why are you asking that?" She asked, studying him curiously. He took a step back, but continued, looking at her squarely.

"I'm asking if you want to marry the Prince... You never wanted this marriage. You would be giving up everything to live in the Palace."

Da Yeong looked at him curiously. He was voicing her fears of the marriage. And yet, some part of her had begun telling her it may not be so bad. Still, she worried.

"But Hyeong-nim, whether I want the marriage or not, there is no way out. Just yesterday, Abeoji had a talk with me about how I should live and act in the Palace."

She shuddered at the memory. She would have basically no freedom in the Palace!

"Tch! Why is Hyeong bringing up the marriage?"