Chapter Forty Six- The Heavenly Law

​Chapter Forty Six- The Heavenly Law

The Palace Prisons...

Jang Seung Jae, Fourth Prince of Eondoeg Mun, was finally facing torture.

The King was apparently trying his best to punish his last remaining son, who was said to have murdered his brothers.

The torture was so intense for a prince, that a few of his torturers actually pitied him.

Under the King's specific orders, he would be starved for days, then fed poison.

When he took ill, he would be nursed back to health and fed well.

Then he would face physical torture. They would beat him with heavy wooden planks and stretch his thighs.

A few of his bones were even broken in the process.

After this, he would be starved again, poisoned again, healed again, and tortured again.

It was an endless process that would make anybody crave death.

.

Amidst all the agony, Seung Jae had a very good idea what his father was up to.

'I must have become a burden to the deities. Appa Mama is trying to use me to get their attention.'

At first, he had discarded the idea, but the thought kept entering his mind as the days went by.

It was the only explanation that made sense.

Through all the torture, he had never been asked a single question.

Besides, with so many royal murders involved, a murderer would have been killed by now...

Though he was very weak, Seung Jae tried several times to take his own life, but he was stopped every time.

Knowing his father, there was no reason to keep him alive, unless his suspicions were correct...

And they were.

.

The Eondeog Mun Palace...

Jang Yoo Jin hid a grin, as he watched the men torture Seung Jae.

He remembered the words of the Grand Priest, who he had made the Head of the Palace magical body.

"So the deities will see what Seung Jae is going through, and return to the Capital, despite my order?" He had asked the priest, after listening to his plan.

"Ye Jeonha. Seja is one of the weapons Jeonha has against the deities. The heavens were indeed blessing Jeonha, when the Black Deity saved your son."

"I do admit that he got very close to them after that incident... Even to the point of annoying me. But what good would that do? Why exactly, are we trying to attract the deities?"

"Jeonha. The Heavens have one major law that deities must follow. 'They must not interfere in human matters'. If they come to rescue Seung Jae, they will be undermining your authority and interfering in matters that do not concern them. Did you not wonder why the deities did not step in when the previous Seja Jeoha was about to be murdered?"

The King had glared at him then, but he had just stared back in challenge.

The minute he had entered the Palace, he had seen the King's dark deeds.

"I do not say this to annoy Jeonha, but to make clear a point. The deities knew everything that was happening, and yet they did nothing."

"So, why do you think they will act this time?"