Chapter Thirty Two- Sleepless Night

​Chapter Thirty Two- Sleepless Night

The Prime Minister's residence...

The Sang household servants were steering clear of the master's chambers.

Quite a number of them had felt the force of his current anger.

He had returned from the Palace the previous evening like a devil, lashing out at any servant who offended him in the least way possible, and ordering the offender to be beaten in the mat.

It was the middle of the night, and he was still pacing in his chambers.

They did not dare sleep, or they would feel his wrath, if he needed one of them for something...

.

Sang Yoo Jin was the angriest he had been, for a very long time.

So the King knew his plans?

So he had the Head Shaman and the deities on his side?

Yoo Jin smiled coldly.

He did not fear the deities.

So what, if they had been reborn.

They had no power as mortals.

'Besides,' he angrily remembered. 'I know who they are now.'

Three years ago, he had told his daughter, Hye Su, that she was to be his eyes and ears in the Palace, and she had done well so far, even though she remained in the Side Palace.

When he had returned to the Palace Hall, she had approached him with her aides and after he paid his respects, (bowing to his own child angered him, but it was necessary for now), she had told him the King had summoned three young nobles.

She had named only three, but he had seen the fourth.

It angered him that they had been right under his nose for years!

Daegun and his friend, young master Choi.

Lord Kim Dae Hyeon's daughter.

And the worst, his own niece!

Did the King think he would keep still? He would eliminate them all.

"Come in here!" He called his new personal Aide. The man had been Chung Jae's apprentice. He was not as good as Chung Jae with the sword, but he was an unknown face, and he had learned all the tricks of getting around.

"Daegam." The young man said, bowing in as he came in, and Yoo Jin looked down at him coldly.

"Go and tell Priest Joo we need to meet."

"Ye. Daegam." He bowed, exiting the room.

Yoo Jin resumed his pacing. He would have to hasten his takeover.

It was time for Jang Tae Min to take the throne.

.

Lord Kim Dae Hyeon's temporary residence...

The King, Jang Tae Yong, sat in disguise, with Kim Dae Hyeon and Pal Wol, in Kim Dae Hyeon's bed chamber.

As was custom, Kim Dae Hyeon had given up his seat to the King, and he and Pal Wol sat before him.

Jang Tae Yong looked resplendent in a stylish dark blue and grey hanbok, a magnificent gat on his head, and a wide regal fan in his hand.

Outside the door, Eunuch Eun and the King's head guard, stood waiting.

"What manner of greed is this?" The King was asking no one in particular.

"It is understandable if one is ambitious for the throne. Perhaps, if I had brothers, I myself may have done atrocious things to rule. He is my ancestor after all."