​Chapter Fifty Four- The Calm Before The Storm

Chapter Fifty Four- The Calm Before The Storm

The Black Mountain...

"Omo! Gabjagi! (So sudden!)"  Hye Yeon jumped in fright as the strange man stepped out of the shadows.

She Da Yeong and Chun Hwa had just appeared before Tae Jun's home on the black mountain.

"Who- who are you?" Da Yeong asked, a bit confused about who else would be on the black mountain.

Yet, there was something familiar about him...

"Ah. I see you have met Chin Suh." Their eyes all darted to the person who was now standing behind the stranger.

"This is the first Black Deity."

.

Da Yeong, Chun Hwa and Hye Yeon had kept staring at Chin Suh in awe, so he left, choosing to walk around in freedom...

Something he hadn't felt in a long time.

In his absence, Tae Jun explained everything about him to the others.

When he got to the part about his father being Jang Seung Jae, all hell had broken loose.

"No- no way... Jeonha? Seung Jae-ah?" Chun Hwa exclaimed in awe.

"Ahem. Please address the name with respect." Tae Jun.

"Daebak!" Hye Yeon.

"Wah! I'm having goosebumps. It is strange." Da Yeong.

"Ye." Tae Jun had thought about it and it made sense. "We didn't recognize him because, of course, we weren't present when he was a youth in this lifetime, and we never saw him as a grown man in our past lives. "

"Wah! That mischievous person was sly and suddenly became our senior." Hye Yeon said, still in shock.

"Ya! Who are you calling a mischievous person?!" Tae Jun attacked. Chun Hwa placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Jeosonghamnida!" Hye Yeon bowed, remembering she had been talking about his father. The King, no less.

"Heol. This is complicated." Da Yeong again. "Jeonha should definitely never remember his past life..."

.

Tae Jun had continued his explanation after that, all the while casting smothering looks at Da Yeong, who kept blushing furiously and turning away... only to look back again.

Tae Jun caught himself smiling fondly a few times, and caught several knowing looks from Chun Hwa, who seemed extremely amused.

Ignoring him, Tae Jun had finished, then Chun Hwa had proposed his plans.

"Attack as humans?" Tae Jun asked skeptically, when Chun Hwa finished. 

"Ye. It would be the smartest move. I suspect that Seong Su Min's barrier is designed to keep the deities out. I'm not sure if it's possible, but if we could give up our powers, we could pass into the Palace. You know the Palace like the back of your own hand. A silent assassination makes the most sense."

"Ye. But wouldn't Seong Su Min be warned by his evil powers?" Da Yeong asked, but Chun Hwa smiled smugly.

"Ani. He is one of our targets." Tae Jun's eyes widened in realization and Chun Hwa nodded. "The laws of magic. He cannot foresee his own fate."

"Very intelligent." Chin Suh, who had silently returned a while ago, said suddenly.

They all jumped, and the other three looked at Tae Jun in surprise.

No one ever snuck up on him.

"Tch. I don't need to remind you that he was a heavenly being, who became the first black deity, do I?" He sulked.