Chapter Thirty Eight- Geom Jeong

​Chapter Thirty Eight- Geom Jeong

.

The Northern hidden temple, that same night...

"You said we would not be meeting here again. Why are we here?" The noble man spoke, and there was a following murmur of support from the group of noble men around him.

There were eight of them including him.

A little distance away from them were more than a dozen lower ranked nobles and officials.

The meeting had been arranged by Sang Yoo Jin, the Prime Minister, and most had unwillingly obeyed.

They did not feel safe coming here, or even meeting, but they had choice.

They were all tied together in the same problem.

Lady Hayan's curse.

Sang Yoo Jin slapped his hand down on the small table before him.

There was instant silence and the sound echoed.

"I know how Sangwang Jeonha thinks, so this is the safest place. He will have eyes and ears in most noble households by now. Mine is safe, but a meeting like this would not go unnoticed." He stood up and walked to a large ornate window, his back to them.

"After the four mountains came to life, Sangwang Jeonha will be focused on the deities, so places like this would go ignored for a while." He had turned back to face them.

"Sangwang Jeonha has begun to move. Now more than ever we need to hasten our steps to power, before it is too late." He looked beyond them to the big doors.

"Come in here."

The doors were opened and a man walked in.

There was a collective gasp, especially amidst higher ranked nobles.

The man was a Grand Priest.

He had opened two of the hidden gates a hundred and fifty years ago...

.

.

The Southern Palace, Nam Guk...

He swung the sword skillfully, slicing the air in a neat arc.

Tae Jun faced the straw men, sword at the ready, but in mere moments, he had destroyed them, the last bits of straw still falling to the ground as he sheathed his swords.

He went still when he heard the lone applause.

He turned and was not even surprised when he saw the White Deity behind him.

Only a ghost could sneak up on him so completely.

"Orabeoni is extremely good with the sword." She beamed at him and he scoffed, remembering Da Yeong's similar statement:

'Daegun is indeed very beautiful with the sword...'

"Tsk! 'Orabeoni' again? You two are quite similar. Now you won't even wait till I sleep before appearing? Are you actually a ghost?"

"What to do? I tried to wait till you slept, but you stayed awake for a long time. Do you know how late it is?"

"'What to do?'" He mimicked her. "I had a lot to think about." He added, then moved past her and continued going.

"Ya! Let's go together." She ran to keep up. "You should at least ask why I am here. Orabeoni is being mean."

He turned to face her suddenly, and she leaned back automatically. "Mean? You're the one constantly appearing to me without explaining anything." He took two steps toward her and she took two steps back.