Chapter Eleven- New Master

Tae Jun had been at Lord Kim's house for almost two days now.

Aside from his early morning venture the previous day, he had not done much more than read, and he had become bored.

Wearing an exquisite blue and red yungbok, he and Min So Yeon headed to the training grounds.

This did not go unnoticed by the female servants.

"Omo! Daegun must be going to train today. I just saw him looking heavenly in a yungbok!" Said one maid.

"Really? He is so divine!" Says another maid.

"Daegun looks good in everything! He and his aide, Min So Yeon Ssi!" Says yet another maid.

"Daebak!" They all sigh at the same time and rush to spread the word...

.

And so, Kim Dae Hyeon's men in training, got the attention they had never particularly gotten before.

All the female house maids were present.

The Prince had not even arrived yet.

.

Meanwhile, Ju Won and Da Yeong were involved in an archery match. They had bet that the loser would be the slave of the winner for the next day.

This involved following the person around town and calling him 'Daegam', while carrying the person's bag or any other items. They had played the game as children, Da Yeong winning most of the time (She was a really good archer). 

Da Yeong had suggested the game, because Ju Won had been in low spirits recently, and she was trying to cheer him up. She had tried to find out what bothered him, but he constantly brushed her questions off.

.

Da Yeong drew back the arrow, then released it with a 'twang', letting it fly.

"Bull's eye!" The target man shouted. She stepped away from the raised dais and watched Ju Won walk over to take his own turn. He took aim and shot the arrow.

"Bull's eye!"  The target man shouted again and Da Yeong went over to take her turn. Just then, the sound of unusual cheers erupted, making them all halt. It seemed to be coming from the sparring grounds. 

"Ah, Daegun must have arrived." The score keeper, one of her father's men stated dryly. He wore an annoyed expression. "The kitchen boy I sent to the blacksmith earlier said all the servant girls have come to the training grounds to watch Daegun."

They all laughed a little at that, then resumed the game. Da Yeong shot an arrow, deliberately missing the center by less than an inch.

"Miss!" The target man shouted. Now she had missed twice and Ju Won had missed three times.

Ju Won, was instantly suspicious of her second missed shot, and he cast her a curious look. She looked away, guiltily, suddenly interested in checking her boots. He took the shot carefully, aiming for the center...

"Bull's eye!" He turned to Da Yeong, who pretended she did not notice and made her way to the dais. He shook his head, quietly laughing. Even if he had not suspected anything, her behavior would have given her away...

She was trying to lose deliberately.

.

Six rounds later, Da Yeong had carefully lost twice more, and Ju Won was the winner.

"Congratulations Hyeong-nim!" She told him cheerfully, throwing an arm around his shoulder, and he found himself smiling.

Looking at her happy face, he felt the recent gloom flow away.