Chapter Thirty Three- The New King

​Chapter Thirty Three- The New King

The Eondeog Mun Palace...

The Palace was even busier than it had been while preparing for the King's birthday.

Servants, Palace maidens, the Royal chef, Guards, Eunuchs, the Palace officials, and even some Nobles, ran around the Palace, trying to get everything in order.

A new King was to ascend the throne.

.

The past two months had been full of odd events in the Palace, and the Palace staff did not lack for gossip.

First, a decree had been passed, the day after the King's birthday, that the Magical Body within the Palace, which were the Priests and Shamans, were to perform no ritual or ceremonies, without the express permission of the King.

The day after that, the Grand Prince, Lord Kim and his daughter, the future Bubuin, had come to present themselves before the King, in official greeting, but the King had postponed their marriage.

A week after that, it was announced that the King was suddenly very ill, sometimes being too weak to preside over the government meeting.

His son, Tae Min, began to represent him at such times.

After two weeks of battling with his health, the King abdicated the throne, handing it over to the Crown Prince, Jang Tae Min.

.

And so, as the Coronation event drew close, there were equal parts of gossip and hard work.

Gossip on the rumours that the King's illness was not from natural causes, and that there was dark magic involved.

Also, the Imperial Lady, the future Queen of Eondoeg Mun, was to wed the Crown Prince on the Coronation day.

Then the biggest scandal.

The current King was not even attending his own son's coronation.

In Eondeog Mun, that was usually interpreted as the King not acknowledging his son as a legitimate heir...

.

Two months earlier...

On the night of the King's birthday, Jang Tae Yong, King of Eondoeg Mun, sat with his friend, Kim Dae Hyeon, and the Prime Shaman, Pal Wol, to come up with a brilliant plan.

"The decree against the Magical Body is merely a distraction. Lord Sang will assume that it is Jeonha's way of protecting himself." Kim Dae Hyeon stated.

"Ye, Jeonha. The Prime Minister's people in the Palace Shaman hall and temple will certainly break this rule, and this servant will secretly protect from the shadows, while trying to identify the innocent ones." Pal Wol said, bowing.

"Ye. And my role is to act as if Sang Yoo Jin's plan is working." The King finished, then scoffed.

"I have to play the part of a sick man."

"Ye, Jeonha." They both bowed. He continued.

"Sang Yoo Jin wants to put Jang Tae Min on the throne." He got up and started pacing.

"Now that Daegun is no longer banished, and with the presence of the deities, Sang Yoo Jin will feel very threatened."

"Ye, Jeonha." They both replied and he continued.

"Our plan is simply to buy some time... I suspect that Sang Yoo Jin has a hidden power in the shadows. When his attempts on my life keep failing, he will reveal this person."