Chapter Thirty Seven- The Awakening

​Chapter Thirty Seven- The Awakening

Late that same night...

The awakening of the four deities was here. Pal Wol, who was perched on a cliff, could feel it.

The air that night was different, heavier somehow, and the wind blew heavily, rustling trees and windows.

Instinctively, no one was outside on such a night.

It was beginning...

.

Lord Choi's residence...

Chun Hwa had retired late, briefly giving up on the book he had been reading.

It was the most boring thing he had ever come across, detailing the daily life of a foreign emperor.

Unfortunately, being the head of the Nam Guk Scholars, he had to study it as a reference.

He tossed it aside, deciding to continue the next day.

He changed, while his aide put away the table and laid down the bed.

Then he lay down and put out the candle.

...

Chun Hwa had barely shut his eyes, when he found himself in the dream place again, which he thought he recognized now.

This must have been his home; the Blue Mountains near Seo Guk.

He had seen himself here in most of the visions he had been having.

He looked up at the beautiful pagoda.

A stone pathway led away from it, leading to a big and beautiful building.

If his visions were true, his house had been the biggest amongst the deities, since most of it was an elaborate library!

He took an eager step forward.

Vision or not, he wanted to explore the books in this place...

But he stopped short as the wind rushed at him.

Chun Hwa felt like his mind was suddenly opened.

He remembered everything...

He seemed to know everything about... everything!

He knew why water defeated fire, and fire defied the wind, and the wind defeated water, and water defeated earth...

He knew why birds flew and humans walked...

He understood all four seasons in depth, and the little in-betweens no one seemed to notice.

He knew of the stars, the skies, the world, the seas...

Chun Hwa simply seemed to know.

He took a step back, slightly overwhelmed by his own mind.

 'Ye. This is what it felt like to know almost everything...' He thought to himself.

With knowledge, it was always 'Almost'.

'Knowledge is endless and limitless.' He used to say that a lot in his past life.

He took a step forward, but this time, the scene before him changed entirely.

So did the weather.

"Wah! What is with this sudden chill?" He rubbed his upper arms, looking around.

The landscape around him was covered in snow, and though the wind was still, it was the coldest place Chun Hwa had ever seen.

The plants and trees were alive and green, despite the chill.