​Chapter Twenty Five- Jeonha's Birthday

​Chapter Twenty Five- The King's Birthday

Jang Tae Yong, his father, and his grandfather, were known as the sage Kings that had brought Eondeog Mun out of darkness.

Before his Grandfather's rule, Eondoeg Mun had been plagued by poverty, bad governance, famines, plagues, wars and foreign invasions. 

His grandfather, Jang Tae Seo had at least taken care of the wars and invasions.

He and the General of the army, Kim Jun Ho (Kim Dae Hyeon's grandfather), had come up with strategies to strengthen Eondoeg Mun's military and they had succeeded.

Eondeog Mun was not as great as history recorded, but they were a lot better off.

His father, Jang Tae Yeon, had continued in his father's footsteps, but had also diverted his energies to weeding out corrupt officials.

Of course, there was still corruption going on, but the system had become a lot cleaner.

This also fairly reduced the level of poverty amongst the lower class, as certain unfair laws had been reviewed.

Then Jang Tae Yong had ascended the throne.

While he had been Crown Prince, he had travelled to foreign prosperous kingdoms, looking into their methods of handling things like plagues, famines and other such problems.

He had brought this knowledge home and handed it to his father. But his father had not lasted long, so he had ascended and implemented the new policies and ideas as King.

Also, with the help of Kim Dae Hyeon, his friend from childhood, he managed to always have an idea of what happened around the kingdom.

The people loved him as King.

And today was his fifty-third birthday.

Which was why the Capital was the busiest it had ever been since his birthday the previous year.

.

The King stroked Sigan, then let him fly.

Yes, birthdays were good, but after years of carrying the weight of the overtly ornate throne on his shoulders, he was inclined to use trivial things like birthdays to achieve more reasonable goals.

He smiled to himself.

Today was a good day. 

The day the Prime Minister realized the King was aware of who he was and what he was planning.

For years, he and the Prime Minister had silently battled each other.

He had lost his wife, and had had to banish his own son, because of the Prime Minister's ambitions.

The Prime Minister had always been careful, never leaving any trace to himself, but Jang Tae Yong had always felt sure he was behind it.

Then the lady, Pal Wol, had confirmed his suspicions eleven years ago.

She had also revealed something else; something so utterly unbelievable at the time.

The Prime Minister, Sang Yoo Jin, had been his ancestor, the first Jang on the throne.

King Jang Yoo Jin.

.

The past...

At first, the King had refused to believe such an unbelievable thing, but Kim Dae Hyeon had reminded him of the events surrounding his daughter's birth.

He had still been sceptical, but convinced she could find the truth, Pal Wol had unearthed the hidden Palace records, left by Jang Seung Jae, the so-called bloodthirsty King.