Never have to again

"We are just going to do one simple simulation on you all. Any questions?" Peter says and an Erudite raises they're hand. At least I'm guessing because of the neat hair and big glasses. "Yes?"

"Like the aptitude test?" He asks.

"No like a fear landscape." Peter replies smugly.

"Are you talking about the fear simulations the dauntless use in their initiation process?" An Erudite girl asked.

"For the sake of my sanity please shut up." I say exasperatedly.

"Dauntless will go first then the rest of you can go." Peter says. We all are lead into a hallway lined with chairs. Jackson makes a move to sit beside of Amaryllis but Hailey grabs his arm and tries to convince him to sit with her. I sit beside Bianca and Noah on my other side.

"Are you ready to tell me things yet." Noah asks me.

"No." I say simply.

"Okay." Noah gives in. "I won't push it." He promises.

"Some things you can't fix Noah." I say quietly.

"I know." I watch Jackson make his way over to Amarylis who keeps her head turned away from him and hides her face.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks she just turns farther.

"Leave me alone." Amaryllis mutters from where she sits beside of Bianca.

"What do you want me to do? Why are you so mad?" Jackson asks.

"I want you to leave me alone! Go play with your girlfriend. Because that's what you do! You pick the pretty one! Not the one with half her face burned off! She's the pretty one! Now leave. Me. Alone!" Amaryllis thoughts burst. Now she has gathered the attention of everyone else.

"I-" Jackson starts.

"Save it." Amaryllis says rudely and shoves Jackson away from her.

"God you suck at this." I roll my eyes as Jackson passes us to go to the only empty seat beside of Hailey. Jackson just runs a hand through his hair and keeps his head down as Hailey tries to apologize.

"Uh-" I hear Peter cough at the door. "Harper come on back." He says.

"Okay." I mutter and stand up.

"This is going to be extremely similar to the fear simulations in dauntless but remember that being divergent isn't bad here." Peter says and connects the wires to my head.

"Last time any of us did this it was Logan helping us." I say almost forgetting the importance of Logan.

"Isn't that the other Pedrad?" Peter asks distractedly.

"Shi-" I catch myself. "I wasn't supposed to say that. I'm sorry."

"I don't care about Zeke and Shauna." Peter shrugs.

"That's not the point Peter. Logan was- um- baby daddy." I say quietly.

"What!" Peter says accusingly.