Blood stains

Amaryllis POV

I go into the living room around 2:00 expecting nobody to be up. I wasn't wrong. When I made it into the living room a sit on the couch silently trying to find sleep. A few minutes later, I hear soft foot steps and look up to see Jackson coming drowsily out of his room.

"Sorry if I woke you." I whisper softly.

"Don't worry about it." Jackson says and sits beside of me. "Another nightmare?" Jackson asks and I just nod but it's barely visible. "Do you want to talk about it?" Jackson asks quietly.

"No." I reply rudely which is unlike me. I look behind me and see orange flames lining the wall. "The rooms on fire" I scream but when I look to Jackson but he is lying on the ground smoldered in flames. "Jackson!" I scream. I feel as if fire is reaching out toward me grabbing me but only barely teasing me until my skin scorched and I fell into the flames.

I wake up on the couch where I had come only an hour before.

"It was just a dream." I whisper to myself. The soft thud of footsteps make me jump the slightest of bits and turn toward the direction of the hall.

      "another nightmare?" Jackson asks as he emerges from the dim light and places himself on the cusion beside of me.

"Sorry I woke you." I whisper.

      "Don't worry about it." He smiles drowsily and squeezes my hand. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks.

"We both died again. Let's just end it there." I say harshly.

"Calm down." Jackson instructs but he doesn't seem mad or angry.

"I can't do it anymore." I wipe the falling tears. "There isn't going to be an end Jackson!"

"Maybe we can find one." Jackson says hopefully.

"That isn't going to happen and you know that." I say.

"We don't know that!" Jackson says. "anything could happen."

"Yes. But what are those chances? Hmm? 2% chance I'll ever sleep normally?" I say.

"It's still something." Jackson points out.

       "I don't like those odds!" I retort but then suddenly break into tears. Jackson seems like he expected it and only hugs me sideways.

"Shh." Jackson tries to soothe. "Just sleep. Okay? Don't imagine the worst possibility."

"It's not going to work." I warn.

"Just try." Jackson instructs.

"Whatever." I hear Jackson laugh a little and roll my eyes as I close my eyes to try and sleep.

•••

Bianca's POV

"Pack your bags we are leaving!" Peter yells into the apartment.

"What?" I ask confused.

"We are starting the main mission. If that's what you'd like to call it. It's a long ways away. Just hurry." Peter instructs.

"I haven't even unpacked yet?" I say in a duh tone.

"Good." Peter shrugs and sits down on the couch across from me. Everybody else is in their rooms so it's only me and him.

"Why aren't you trying to make me take you back as a father?" I ask extremely curious on why he hadn't been like they always are in movies.

"Listen." Peter leans down so his elbows are on his knees and his palms are facing up. They are covered in scars now. All of them look as if they'd been formed years and years ago. "I have blood on my hands. Too many deaths or forever injuries caused by me. I could name so many people who could've lived if only id been on the other side. Tris. I try and think there is nothing I could've done but deep down I know I could've saved her. But I was in the wrong." Peter sits up. "You can wash away blood but the stains are forever. And when I left you." Peter hesitates. "I added a stain. No matter how small or how long that life was lived." He grimaces. Nick. He was talking about Nick. I nearly choke on a sob but manage to keep it away.

       "Your talkin about Nick?" I ask but already knowing the answer.

      "Yes." Peter nods. "But the point is I had to leave. It wasn't the same excuse as others. That I wasn't ready, but because I couldn't do that. I'm thinking it was a mistake though. I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt you. Or Nick." Peter grimaces.

       "I know." I smile weakly. "I'm going to go get my stuff now."

___________________________

Authors note!

Im really sorry about how short it is. I have a pretty nice twist for the next few chapters so just hang in there😜

⚡️Darcy⚡️