Chapter 3: Allen's Past

In the town's cemetery

Jan looks at Leo in disbelief.

"Leo...?" Jan calls and Leo smiles creepily.

Allen and Alice take a step closer to them, but both of them are still a few feet away.

"Trust us, Jan..." Allen says. That boy is not human."

Alice rests one of the twin swords on her shoulder.

"That is only the physical appearance of your friend, and underneath lies a weapon of 'The Millennium Earl', 'Akuma'." The Earl tilts his head to the left and put his finger on his "chin".

"Who are you two?" The Earl asks Allen and Alice.

"Good evening, Earl." Allen greets. "We're your enemies."

"Exorcists!?" The Earl says and Allen and Alice glare at him. "Well then, nice to meet y..." He pauses. "Nice to meet you...?"

"Silver," Alice calls. "Destroy the Akuma!" Leo turns his head and looks at Alice. "And purify the soul!"

Alice goes for an attack. Just when Alice almost got Akuma Leo, her eyes widens and stops. Jan is standing between them. Alice had managed to stop her attack, but the tip of the one of the swords almost touches Jan's head.

"Jan..." Alice calls.

"W–why?" Jan asks. "Why is Leo an Akuma? He's my friend! We even started going on patrol for Akuma together. We promised to protect the town from them... HOW THE HELL CAN HE POSSIBLY BE AN AKUMA!? WHAT KIND OF PROOF DO YOU GUYS HAVE!?"

Jan is then wide-eyed. Leo had changed into the form of a machine and his gun barrels all point at Jan's head. Alice's eyes widen too. "Leo..." Jan mumbles.

"JAN!" Alice calls and then the Akuma shoot its bullets. Alice didn't make it, but luckily Allen protects Jan.

"Ah..."Jan said. Allen turns to look at him and smiles, but is soon covers in stars. "ALLEN!" Jan calls and Alice runs toward the two of them. Allen's right arm is bleeding and he groans in pain.

Alice looks at the arm.

"Shit, Allen's been shot! An Akuma's bullet is said to have a poison that destroys your body. If you get shot, it's said that the poison invades your body and destroys it!" Jan thought as remembering what his dad's notes are.

"Wow." The Earl says unamuse. "He sure is courageous to take to bullet like that." The Earl says sarcastically. "How do you feel now, Jan?"

Jan looks at the Earl scares.

"You really piss me off, you know. You're a weakling, yet you talk more about 'justice' all the time. You even said I was a bad person. I'm creating Akuma for people's sake." The Earl says. "It's so ugly, isn't it?"

He touches Akuma Leo.

"This symbolizes a person's suffering in their heart. You think an Akuma is simply a weapon I create, but... an Akuma is made from a person's heart. Even this Akuma. This one was created from your friend Leo, you know."

"Leo did...?"

"Leo's dead mom." Allen speaks. "Leo... he used the Earl's power to bring back his dead mom's soul, and then it... became an Akuma. I can see..." Akuma Leo has his mom's soul chained down. "As an Akuma his mom is suffering." Jan looks at Allen wide-eyed.

"You can see? You dead brat, what the heck are you talking about?" The Earl asks menacingly. Allen faces the Earl.

"I'm a human that inherited an Anti-Akuma Weapon," Cross starts to glow. "I can nullify the poison with in me!"