Chapter 51: Lavi's 'Heart'

Inside the Ark; the tower

"Lavi!" Allen thought as the candles are still surrounding Allen, Alice, Leenalee, and Chaozi. Also a black butterfly is sitting on one of the candles.

"Don't move, Allen." Road warns. "That left eye of yours remembers how much my candles hurt, doesn't it? If you don't want to see that human over there and cut Leenalee becomes the stars of a tragic scene."

"Chaoji! Hang in there!" Leenalee shouts.

"Just wait patiently for me to destroy 'Lavi'."

As time pass, in the box that Lavi is in, Lavi presses his hand on the wall and black markings appear on his face. Then the box opens, letting Lavi to fall to the floor and lands behind Allen, causing Allen to look behind him.

"La... Lavi...?" Allen calls as the candles moves away from him.

"Allen, something sad has come to my attention." Road says. "It looks like 'Lavi's' heart has just died. Now, if you want to save Leenalee and the human, you'll have to kill 'that', Allen."

Allen, Alice, and Leenalee widen their eyes.

"Wha..." Allen trails off and Lavi rushes towards him.

"Lavi?" Allen calls and Lavi attacks Allen, Allen then uses his sword to block Lavi's attack. However, Allen is thrown off by Lavi's attack. "UWAH!"

"No way... for Lavi to be attacking me for real..." Allen thought and sees Lavi coming to him and attacks Allen again. Lavi then punches Allen, but Allen moves his head.

"Kuh..." Allen grunts and Lavi goes for another punch.

"It's likely that Lavi has possessed by something." Allen thought as he tightens his grip on his sword and stabs it through Lavi. "If that's true, then I should be able to exorcise it with this sword. I'm begging you, please work!"

However nothing happens and Lavi stares at Allen before he attacks Allen again.

"It won't work with that anti-evil sword that doesn't kill him, you know? Lavi has lost his 'heart'. It's not like he's been possessed by evil, okay?" Road states. "If you're going to attack, you'll have to use your left arm's edge, Allen!" Slowly the candles are piercing through the cube that Leenalee and Chaozi are and coming closer to Alice. "Come on, hurry! If you won't change to your edge weapon, I'll kill them, all right?"

"This is unfair, Road...!" Leenalee says.

"This is..." Leenalee thought.

"Change your weapon, Allen!" Road demands.

"You know that Allen-kun can't choose...!" Leenalee finishes.

"Or do you want to listen to Leenalee's and Alice's screams?"

Lavi slams Allen to the wall, causing Allen to cough up blood and he hugs Lavi.

"Lavi..." Allen calls. "Can't you... hear... my voice? Here... the only ones who can protect Leenalee and Chaozi are us and Alice. Krory said as much, didn't he...?"

"FIGHT!" Road shouts.

"Kanda is probably fighting." Allen continues before Lavi punches Allen and holds him up as Allen hangs his head. "...Leenalee... her comrades... Leenalee, who thought of us as more important than even the world, is crying..."

"I am not your comrade..." Lavi states as Allen widens his eyes in shock. Then Lavi slams Allen harder to the wall.

"STOP I―T!" Leenalee shouts.