Chapter 20: Missing

In a city

The Akuma lie crumples and destroys to pieces in front of Kanda.

"GHEHHEHEHHEHEHEEE! IT'S POINTLESS! POINTLESS!" Baby (Akuma) laughs. "YOU CAN'T HELP THE GENERALS! NOAH'S FAMILY AND THE AKUMA ARE GOING AFTER THEM AS A GIANT ARMY! EVEN AS YOU GUYS ARE BEATING ME UP, THIS VERY MINUTE..." Baby didn't finish its sentence because Kanda destroys it using Mugen.

"Shut up." Kanda growls with annoyance.

"Let's go, Kanda." Noise Marie says.

Marie is a dark-skinned man of large stature. Marie is blind and he also wears headphones to amplify his sense of hearing.

"Hmph." Kanda scoffs and walks towards Marie.

"How annoying." Daisya Barry says.

Daisya is a man of average height. The top of his head his covered in more bandages, or hat, obscuring his hair from sight. He has sharp facial features and wears some kind of make up under his eyes that trails down his cheek like tear-marks but end in sharp points.

"We're not making any progress at all; they just keep coming one after another..." He complains.

"They're trying to stop us." Kanda says.

"It's hard enough just to catch up to the General." Marie comments.

"Hmph." Kanda scoffs.

"What? Are you annoyed, Kanda?" Marie asks him.

"I am not."

"Who knows when we'll catch up to him. Looks like the one we're looking for, General Tiedoll, isn't in town anymore. Jeez, that guy's faster than a speeding bullet." Daysia says.

"No matter what you call him, he's probably painting somewhere." Marie guesses.

"Ahaha... we have a weird master, right Kanda?"

"I despise that old man." Kanda mumbles.

Marie and Daysia looks at Kanda with "okay, then" expressions.

"He's got a bad temper..." Marie and Daysia thought in unison.

"Well... at least he's better than General Cross." Daysia points out.

At the train station

The five Exorcists are waiting for their train to arrive. Allen fell asleep and Lavi is drawing on his face while trying to wake Allen up at the same time.

"Allen." Lavi calls. "Hey Allen, wake up~ The train is here~" Bookman comes and smacks Lavi in the head.

"What the hell are you doing!?" Bookman asks.

"He's dreaming about General Cross again!"

"Gua–t..." Allen mumbles and snores. "Master's not human..."

"HEY! EVERYONE, HURRY AND GET ON! IF WE MISS THIS ONE, THERE WON'T BE ANOTHER TRAIN TOMORROW!" Leenalee shouts.

On the train; in the restroom

"Haaa~" Allen breaths after finally getting off all the ink from his face. "As soon as it was decided that we're going after the Master, my dreams have gotten worse and worse..."

"But that's just how things are. I can't be complaining..." Allen tells himself

~Hours before setting off on the trip of finding General Cross~
In a carriage