Chapter 43: Reunion and Trapped

Edo, Japan

"UHA—H~" Tyki says. "This is so hot, Count and scary~" The landscape is completely cleared off except the castle. "Edo's landscape is completely cleared off."

Then Earl starts to sneeze and Tyki sees someone moving.

"Ah, I see and Exorcist." He points out. "He's still in one piece."

Kanda stabs Mugen to the ground to stand up and he breaths heavily with his hair down.

"Bastards..." Kanda says. "I won't fall that easily...!"

"Guh..." Marie grunts as he sits up. "This is bad... The sound of Cross squads are weaker than ours... They're barely alive...!"

Chaoji sits up while clutching his head. "Ugh... What... just happened." He then looks at Miranda and sees that she activated her Time Record. "Exorcist-sama!? It can't be... You protected up?!"

"My clock... can't be used on the dead..." Miranda says. "But... I couldn't reach the others in time..."

Far away, Lavi is slowly getting up.

"Urgh..." He grunts. "Leena-... lee..."

"Lavi..." Leenalee's voice calls and Lavi looks at the crystallized Innocence next to him, widening his eyes.

"Again..." Lavi says.

"Hey..." Kanda calls. "What is that...?!"

"Kanda... Lavi..." Leenalee calls and her hand appear, touching inside of the crystal. "Every... one... Everyone... Everyone...!"

"Is that Leenalee Lee's voice...!?" Marie exclaims. "I've never heard... such sound before...!"

"MARIE!" Tiedoll shouts. "We're in danger! The Earl has spotted Lee!"

"Kanda, look out!" Marie warns.

Tyki charges at Kanda and both of them clashes each other. "We'll be taking her."

"Che!" Kanda says.

"YU!" Lavi yells and then he sees a bulky Noah in front of him.

"Do you like sweet things?" the Noah asks.

Just about the Akuma giant attack, General Tiedoll takes out a wedge. "Maker of Eden Activate!" He exclaims. "May you understand the beauty of this world." General Tiedoll stabs the ground and hammers it. "ART!"

Trees come up from the ground and form a humanoid giant. The giant pushes down the Akuma as Lavi is defending himself from the Noah and sees the Earl getting closer to the crystallized Innocence.

"LEENALEE!" Lavi yells.

The Earl makes two black spheres and hits it to the crystal where Leenalee is encased. The next thing she sees is skulls are surrounding her and they begin to bite her. Then the Earl's face gets in front of her.

"NO—!" She screams and suddenly, a white glove grabs the Earl's mouth.

"Good evening," A boy's voice greets. "Earl."

Leenalee looks her behind her and sees a mask. All the Exorcists and Noahs see a black portal above where Leenalee and the Earl are.

"What's that?" Lavi asks. "The sky split open...!?"

"Good evening." The Earl greets. "So we meet again... Allen Walker."

"Alice, can I leave Leenalee to you?" Allen asks and Leenalee looks at the other side to see that Alice is standing behind Allen.