Chapter 52: Reason to Live

Inside the Ark; the tower

"Kyahahahahahaha!" Road laughs.

"Road?" Allen calls and Road looks at him.

"Allen..." Road calls before her body turns to dust.

"GYAAAH! ROAD-TAMA!" Lero shouts.

"What was that just now?" Chaoji asks.

"Hey, wait a minute. Didn't I just hear a subdued 'Allen'? Just how much does she like you? Seriously Allen, what exactly did you do to that girl? Even at a young age..." Lavi asks as he whispers to Allen causing to thrust his elbow to Lavi's stomach. "UGH!"

"I didn't do anything. Please don't say weird things." Allen says.

Quickly, both Allen and Lavi fight each other as Chaoji tries to break it up.

"Hey Allen, if Road disappeared, what happen to the exit on top of this tower? Wasn't it created by Road's power?" Alice asks as the boys stop what they are doing and realize this along with Leenalee.

"A―H!" The boys yell.

"Lavi! Extend it! Extend!" Allen exclaims.

"Ok, already!" Lavi exclaims.

"Are you guys sure it's gonna be okay, even if the door's still there?" Chaoji asks.

"... Lavi's Innocence is pretty dangerous after all..." Leenalee adds.

"It's more like reckless than dangerous." Alice points out.

"I'll go up and take a look to see if it is I'll come right back down! Extend!"

Just then a tremor occurs, causing the tower to shake.

"An earthquake?" Chaoji asks.

"This place is starting to crumble too... Let's get out of here." Leenalee says.

"We probably have no more than thirty minutes..." Allen thought.

"It would be great if the door's up there..." Chaoji says.

"How's the bleeding, Chaoji?" Leenalee asks.

"This is nothing!"

"Kanda... Krory..." Allen thought.

"Allen." Alice calls. "Even if the door is still there, you're not going through with us, aren't you?"

Allen looks at Alice with his eyes widened as Leenalee and Chaoji look at both of them.

"Wow, as expected from Alice." Allen says.

"What do you mean, 'As expected'!" Leenalee shouts and punches Allen.

"GUH!" Allen grunts. "Leenalee, you're somehow becoming really violent since your legs stopped working."

"SHUT UP!"

"Kanda and Krory are probably keeping the other guys busy somewhere. I'm also worried about Master. The Ark is completely destroyed. I'm going to go back and look for those two."

"Me too..."

"Leenalee, you and everyone else should go on ahead." Allen cuts off what Leenalee is about to say. "Out of all of us, Alice and I are in the best shape. I understand your frustration. But please listen to me."

"It's so unfair..." Leenalee says. "You're always smiling like that..."

"It's because Of the effect it has on others that I can keep smiling this smile..."