Chapter 10: The Aria of the Land the Clear Skies 4

In the room

Allen engages the Level Two Akuma with his partially formed Innocence even as it changes its shape, firing countless bars of light.

"It fired...!" Kanda says.

"GYAA!" It screams.

The bars hit the Akuma and stacks on top of one another. Allen turns around and the Akuma slips away, sliding around beneath the sand, taking the form of sand in order to avoid being hit.

"You can't hit me when I shift into sand~!" It taunts.

Allen goes to fire again, but the Level Two strikes at Allen with its malformed trident–like copy of Allen's Cross, forcing Allen to dodge. The Akuma takes advantage of Allen's movement and comes up in front of him, swallowing within its sand-like body.

"KEKEKE, GOTCHA! IT'S OVER FOR YOU!" It says.

"I can't see anything." Allen thought.

"Hmm... how many times do I have to stab you before you die~?" The Akuma begins stabbing its stomach repeatedly.

"SIR WALKER–!" Toma shouts.

"HE'S FINE!" Kanda says.

"I can still feel... Allen's murderous rage. It hasn't disappeared." Alice thought.

Allen though, blocks with is cannon-form Innocence and breaks the Akuma's spear–like fingers. Allen gets out of the Akuma.

"The Innocence showed my mind what to do. And my mind showed my body. How to use the new Anti-Akuma Weapon." Allen thought.

He reforms his Innocence further so a bar-like blade emerges from the mouth. With this blade, Allen cuts the Level Two in half, forcing it to shed the skin of sand it is wearing and making it vulnerable.

"AH! MY SAND SKIN!" The Akuma shouts.

"So that is your real body, huh..." Allen says. "I'm not giving you a chance to change your appearance again." Allen lands on the sand. "This is for you."

"I STILL HAVE YOUR ARM!" Reforming his Innocence again, Allen aims hos Cross' cannon-form at the Akuma and fires.

The Akuma blocks with its Cross copy arm, but Allen remembers Guzol's words and his love for Lala, deciding that he won't forgive the Akuma.

"Unforgivable!" Allen shouts.

The Akuma's arm starts to break apart to its astonishment.

"SH... SHIT! WHAT? EVEN THOUGH I USED HIS HAND... WHY DID I LOSE...!?" It questions.

"It's just you. That's your limit. Even with the same weapon, the users are different. The only one that can use the true power of an Anti-Akuma Weapon is the Exorcist. As the Innocence synchronizes more with the Exorcist, the more powerful he will become." Kanda thought.

Suddenly, Allen coughs up blood and his arm desynchronizes as the backlash of using his too–new arm hits him.

"Shit... rebound! My body can't keep up with the morphed weapon." Allen thought.

"GOTCHA!" The Akuma shouts.

The Akuma attacks, Kanda, and Alice block it with their Anti-Akuma Weapon, protecting Allen.

"KANDA! ALICE!" Allen calls.

"Che." Kanda said. "YOU USELESS IDIOT... WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, RUNNING OUT OF POWER AT THE LAST MINUTE! YOU WERE THE BASTARD THAT BABBLED ON ABOUT PROTECTING THOSE TWO!" He shouts at Allen. "I HATE THE WAY NAIVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO THINGS... AND EVEN MORE SO, I HATE PEOPLE WHO DON'T KEEP YOUR PROMISES!" Alice nods.