Chapter 20 Sisters

Let me give the Sullivanos a normal day once in their mafia life. :) hehe

Her POV

Everybody wishes to be happy and no one would want to get hurt. We all want to keep our heart whole, unbroken. But in the process of attaining happiness, you'll always get hurt. How will you know happiness when you haven't felt pain? How will you value what you have when you haven't lost anything at all? If you want to be happy, you have to accept and endure pain. It makes you strong. It gives you hope. 

Nothing comes easy in this world. 

" I missed seeing dad's smile. Those that I have seen during the time when you were lost were just a cover up. But the way he smiles right now, I know it's coming from his heart. His heart which is now whole again." 

I looked at the couple through the kitchen window, walking around the garden and having small talks. It seems like every step that they make gives the garden more life. The flowers seem to bloom even prettier and the leaves seem to be more lively. Kasabay ng mga ngiti ng mag asawa ay ang malamyos na hanging nagiging dahilan ng pagsayaw ng mga bulaklak. Enchanting. The man was smiling widely, like he just met his first love. Well, mom's his epic love. I can't contain the joy in my heart seeing that dad is finally happy. Nakita kong tumigil sila sa tapat ng mga tanim na puting rosas. The man plucked a single stem of the flower and gave it to the woman who gladly accepted it. The man then hugged the woman and kissed her on her forehead. Sweet. If only Alexandria is here, she would be giggling beside me. How is she in Paris? She must be busy she forgot to write me a letter.

"I want them to stay like this forever. I want them to make up for the lost time that they should have had together." pahayag ko sa babaeng katabi kong nakaupo at tinitingnan ang mag asawa. I took a sip of my coffee and savored its taste. This is the best morning that I've ever had. Nakita ko ang ngiti sa mukha ni Nirvana habang sumasang ayon sa sinabi ko. I know how much she wants them to be happy. For many years, she witnessed the man's sufferings. And I know even how much she tried to hide it, she was also hurting inside.  Seeing them happy right now gives her fulfillment. 

"Me too sister. That's why I think you should take over. Mom and dad needs time together" alam ko kung ano ang tinutukoy niya at ganun rin ang nais ko. Ngunit sa tingin ko ay hindi pa ako handa. Wala akong gaanong alam sa organisasyon maliban sa mangilan ngilang bagay na itinuro niya sa akin. Nirvana could be the greatest leader instead of me. I looked at her while she was starring at the couple. 

"You know my reasons, Curran. I can't take hold of that position. Just no" 

She's serious. She barely calls me by name but when she does, I know that the talk is the real deal. Hindi ko siya masisisi. Nakita niya kung ano ang nangyari sa aming ama ng dahil lamang sa organisasyon. Natatakot siyang mawala sa kanya ang pinakamamahal niya. Nirvana may seem cold hearted and monstrous but she loves the professor so much. And I can't deprive her of the happiness that she deserves. Ibinalik ko ang aking tingin sa mag asawa na ngayon ay nakaupo sa upuang nasa tabi ng malaking puno. I don't know what they are talking about but their smiles never faded. Maya maya ay nakita ko ang tumatakbong batang babae na lumapit sa mag asawa. Yumuko ito at agad na nagsalita. What are they talking about? Matagal na nagsalita ang batang babae habang nakikinig lamang ang mag asawa. Nang matapos ito ay nagkatinginan sina ama at ina. Biglang tumango ang ginoo sa sinabi ng pinakabatang tagabantay at tumayo. Inilahad nito ang kanyang kamay sa ginang at inalalayan sa pagtayo. Naunang maglakad ang mag asawa habang nakasunod sa kanila ang batang babae na may malawak na ngiti at para bang natupad ang isa sa kanyang mga hiling. 

"The little evil Vanguard's wish must have been granted" pahayag ng aking kapatid at inaya akong pumunta sa sala upang salubungin ang tatlo.