Chapter 24 Moody Lady

Her POV

Inilagay ko sa isang vase sa tabi ng aking kama ang mga bulaklak na ibinigay niya. He is still outside my room, waiting for me. He said that we should go downstairs and be always together for he is wooing me. Oh well, I cannot oppose a prodigy's belief. Quite possessive.

"Good morning, Lady Curran! Or should I call you Lord Third?" rinig kong bati ng pinakabatang tagabantay na nakangiti habang pinapanuod ang aking kapatid na nagluluto. Nirvana can cook, to my surprise. I smiled at Harper be before greeting my sister.

Raijin went over the kitchen island and took a sit beside the youngest Vanguard while I stood beside my sister, watching how she carefully cuts the vegetables. Awesome!

I stared at Nirvana and realized how perfect she is. Nirvana is a wise girl, top of her class. She is a strong woman and she fought for our family. She is a loving sister and a protective wife. I took notice of her wedding ring. That ring symbolizes that she deserves happiness. I hope I can let her have that.

"Nah. You should call her "Lady in love" " Nirvana said while giving me her malicious look. Raijin smiled at what her comment which earned him a glare from me. He's enjoying it.

"Naku! Ngini ngiti ngiti mo diyan Kidlat? You don't even know how to fcking kiss. You'd lose to the highly ethical Vanguard in that fcking case." Harper lett out a crazy laughter. What does she mean by that? Ngumisi naman ang aking kapatid sa sinabi nito dahilan para mamula ang pisngi ng aking tagbantay. Gotcha!

"If I were you sister, I'd dispose a man who doesn't even know how to kiss. He's a gay" Nirvana teased as she started cooking whatever she plans to cook. All I can see were bunch of vegetables sautéed with.... Nah. I can't really describe it. Do mafia bosses need to learn how to cook? I should ask Sebastiano later. I smirked at the Vanguard who was keeping his silence while glaring at Harper who opened up the topic. 

"Nasaan nga pala ang propesor? " Pag iiba ko ng usapan. Nawala ang ngiti sa mukha ng aking kapatid at agad itong naging blanko.

"He's at the Cortez'. He needs to be there for now." I nodded at what she said. She wants the professor out of this, especially when the first boss is already here. Naitanong ko na sa kanya kagabi ang rason kung bakit hindi niya isinama ang propesor sa pagtitipon at ngayon ay naiintindihan ko na. The reason why she didn't desire for the position was not just because she wanted to protect her husband. It's because of the rule. 

Tiningnan ko ang lalakeng tahimik na nakaupo sa tabi ng batang babae. I am relieved that we both live in the same world. But I doubt if it is enough to keep us together.

What are the odds that would probably break us?

I don't want to lose him anymore. Ayoko nang may mawala pa sa mga taong kasama ko ngayon. 

Narinig ko ang isang mahinang katok mula sa pinto ng kusina. Lahat ng atensyon ay nabaling sa aking ama at ina na parehong nakangiti. Sa likod nila ay nakatayo ang isa pang Trivago. Marahan itong yumuko nang makita niya ako. I nodded at him. Tumayo ang dalawang tagabantay at nagbigay galang sa kanila bago pumwesto sa isang tabi. 

Why are they up so early and dressed formally?  I heard Harper murmured something about forgetting her scheduled departure.

" Mom, where are you heading at this early hour?" I asked as I kissed her on her cheek and hugged dad. Nirvana also did the same before going back to her cooking. I looked at her to search for an answer but she was keeping her blank face. I am quite not informed about today.