Prologue

Change is inevitable.

In this world that we live, every single minute, something unexpected might happen.

Anything can change with one event. Life can change in a blink of an eye.

and that's what makes it magical. 

We all wanted that fairytale happy ending, don't we? We all do. 

But what if, hers was different? 

When everyone else's life changes for the better, hers was hitting the rock bottom. When everyone was being happy, she was in pain. She didn't live the fairytale that every young lady wanted for she lived in a different world.

A world of darkness and devils. A world where happy endings are not adorable nor attainable. 

Tragedy.  

Hers was a tragedy.

Life is a tragedy and you must choose what kind of main protagonist you'll be. 

She chose to be strong.

"I am your boss. For as long as I live, you live. You'll only die when I tell you so. I own your life, Vanguard. I own you." She stated with her cold but piercing tone, making sure that the love of her life would never face death. Making sure that he would stay forever.  

The man smiled.

"I will always protect you. I am a shield to your bullets. Death must go through me before it reaches you. I belong to you, my lady. My heart is yours forever, my lord." He said with his eyes buried onto her. He vowed to risk his life. He vowed to keep her heart forever.

He left, but she waited.

He disappeared, but he stayed in her heart. 

He was messed up. Her life is quite tangled.

He was empty. So is she. 

He was a broken man. So is she. 

But.....

He is her happy ending. She is his forever. 

Will their love stay unbroken?

***

Disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction, a product of the author's nocturnal brain cells. Any resemblance to real life situations are just mere coincidences and are not intentionally committed by the author with ulterior motives. Bear with the grammatical errors for the author is not an expert but rest assured that constructive criticisms are welcome.

Warning:

Mature Content