Chapter 3 The Heiress

Her POV

Ever wonder what kind of life you want to have? Like, if you only have the freedom to choose, it would be something that your heart wants. I have always wanted to live a simple life. When you wake up in the morning and see the sun rising while drinking a cup of coffee, not worrying about what might happen to you. You have a stable job enough to support you and your family. You see your kids grow and know that you played most of the part of their growth. I want a life like that. Nothing complicated. Living a low profile kind of life.

"I told you not to follow me. This is an internship and i was supposed to be on my own. Why aren't you obeying my command?" Narinig kong sambit ni Alice sa tauhan ng kanyang mga magulang.

They were her bodyguards who have been with us since day one of the internship. Kasama namin sila papunta sa site na tatlong kilometro ang layo. Doon nakatira ang mga taong hindi na naabot ng sibilisasyon at hindi pinalad sa buhay. Our goal was to raise their health awareness and improve their medical knowledge. At dahil na rin sa hindi sila nakikihalubilo sa maraming tao, they were scared whenever Alice's bodyguards show up.

"Paumanhin binibining Morfell ngunit sumusunod lamang kami sa utos ng iyong mga magulang." Paliwanag ng isa sa mga tauhan.

I can't blame her mom and dad. Alexandria Morfell is their princess and a princess must be protected by her knights. Nakita ko ang pagkainis sa mukha ng babae kaya naman ay nagsalita na ako.

"I think it's okay to have them Alice. You need them."

Tinningnan ako ni Alice at pilit siyang ngumiti. This is not the Alice that i know. She used to have that bubbly face even when she's pissed off. Maybe it's because of what happened at the dinner in their mansion. The mafia sometimes takes its toll on her.

Saglit na nag isip ang babae at nakita ko ang pagsang-ayon niya.

"Okay fine. Just don't scare people with your stares."

Tumango naman ang lalake at yumuko bilang pag galang. Nagsimula silang maghiwa-hiwalay upang manmanan ang bahay na aming tinutuluyan. Tiningnan ko ang estruktura na tatlong beses ang laki kumpara sa mansyon ng mga Morfell.

The professor assigned us to this house. We were expecting a house fit for two but I could say that the whole class could fit here. Tinanong ko ang propesor kung bakit ganito kalaki ang bahay ngunit isang makahukugang ngiti lamang ang itinugon niya. I also asked about the owner of the house but he said that it was from a good friend of him. Something's weird about that professor. Hindi ko alam kung ano. Para bang kilala na niya ako noon pa. Para bang mag kinalaman siya at may koneksyon siya sa akin. Pero hindi ko iyon mahanap.

The professor is a weird kind of guy.

"Alice, did you by any chance ask your parents to provide us this house?" Pagtatanong ko sa babaeng abalang magluto ng hapunan. Agad siyang umiling at itinanggi ang bagay.

"No! I did not! Hindi naman ako ganun ka spoiled, Perrie. You wound me." She defensively answered. I just nodded and continued watching her. I'm not good at cooking. I can't feel any adrenaline rush whenever I boil water. I prefer breaking the dishes and glasses. Kaya minsan sa dorm ay maraming basag na pinggan at baso.

I am hopeless housekeeper.

I noticed her red rose necklace. It was a metallic one and it looks good on her. I grabbed the same necklace from my pocket that she gave me before we came here. It was identical to hers only that mine was metallic black. I traced the petals of the pendant when i accidentally pressed something and it opened.