Chapter 7 Puzzle Piece

Kaelan's POV

It's three in the morning and the pain that I feel is still unbearable. Those guys had the chance to kill me but they didn't. Idiots. They should have killed me. I have no reason to live anymore.

Ah, I still have.

I have to avenge them. I would never forgive that man.

You are no longer a brother to me, Raijin.

I  lost everything because of him. He killed our parents. He took her away from me. And now what? He's back to take the only person left in my life? I won't let him take her. Perrie has been there for me when they left me. When I had no one else, she was there to comfort me. No matter how many times I push her. No matter how many times I deny her. She is a sister to me. And I won't let him have her.

"I can say that the hatred you have is still not enough. Look at you, all beaten and bruised. How can you take me down in that case?"

I remember that voice all too well, and it makes me want to kill. I looked at the man who was standing at the veranda.

"A glare wouldn't suffice brother. It won't even scratch me." He said out of mockery while I just looked at him full of anger. Tumayo ako at nagsimulang maglakad papunta sa kanya. Distancing myself from him, I stopped on my track. Kinuha ko ang malamig na metal na nasa aking beywang at itinutok ito sa kanya.

"How could you kill those who gave you your life? How could you take her away from me?"

My hands were trembling and my knees are weak. Ikinasa ko ang baril at kasabay nang tunog nun ay ang mapanukso niyang tawa.

"I killed them because I want to know my limits. I want to know how powerful I can be. And about your girl, I just don't like the view of you being happy so I took her away." Sagot niya habang nakangisi. Dahil sa sinabi niya ay mas lalo akong nanginig sa galit. How could he be so cruel? I closed my eyes and prepared to pull the trigger.

"No brother, don't close your eyes. If you want to kill me, do it with your eyes wide open. Just what I did to mom and dad." Naramdaman ko ang malamig na metal sa aking sintido. Binuksan ko ang aking mga mata at ngayon ay nasa harapan ko na siya, hawak ang baril na kanina ay nasa aking mga kamay.

"If you want to avenge our parents and your girl, do it with your eyes wide open. But I know it will take you longer than I did. For now, survive. Run from those who wishes for your death. Live for your revenge. And when your heart is already filled with hatred, come to me. I'll be waiting for you." He said before handing me the gun and turning his back. In just a blink of an eye, he disappeared.

I will never forgive you, Raijin. Never.

*thud*

Narinig ko ang pagbagsak ng kung anong bagay sa aking likuran. Nilingon ko at nakita siya.

She's crying, again.

All because of that man. The man who doesn't even deserve to be loved. Nilapitan ko ang babae at itinayo siya mula sa pagkakaupo sa sahig. Sa aking pagkabigla ay niyakap niya ako ng mahigpit.

"Hush now Perrie. He doesn't deserve you." Mas lalong lumakas ang kanyang pag-iyak. I brushed her back to comfort her.

"He's no longer the Raijin that I know, Kaelan. He is no longer the man that I loved. He no longer is" she said in between her sobs.

Perrie's POV

"Bestieee!!! Sino ba ang taong mahal mo?" narinig kong tanong ni Alice na malapad ang ngiti. I looked at her blankly, not minding her question. We are at the canteen right now since our history professor was absent. Great. Iniabot sa akin ni Alice and isang papel at ballpen. Isulat ko daw doon ang sagot ko sa tanong niya. I wrote his name and gave it to Alice.