Chapter 36 The Mafia Boss

Soundtrack: Lovesick Fool by The Cab

Am I a lovesick fool?
Or am I human? No
Am I a lovesick fool?

Her POV

How do you kill death?

It's like trying to chase the wind. Impossible. It's like trying to stop the rain, you'll still get soaked after all. I can never escape death. What more by killing it? But I am talking about 'death' in its human form.

"A penny for your thoughts?" I heard his voice. He's standing at the doorstep of the training room. After Nirvana knocked some senses into my little weak brain, I made my way to Pentagon. I need to know the whereabouts of my prey. I have to know the capabilities and the weak points of my prey.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be guarding your brother?" I asked. Seems like he's back to his usual Vanguard aura. The long sleep must have helped. I came here with the other mafia guards because he was still peacefully sleeping. I didn't want to deprive him of the rest that he deserves. Hindi niya sinagot ang tanong bagkus ay kumuha ng isang punyal. Sinipat niya ang target bago iyon inihagis sa ere. And just as an expert that he is, the dagger hit the bullseye.

"How's Kaelan? Hindi pa ba gumigising?" I asked bago kumuha rin ng isang punyal at sinubukang patamaan ang pinakasentro ng target. And as weak as I am, I missed it. He just shook his head while keeping his hands in his pockets, watching me groan out of my missed shot.

"Trione's guarding him. We fear that the brats with guns might go after the kid again."

For Kaelan to still be sleeping in the hospital bed, the damage done by the brats must have been colossal.

" We have to talk, Raijin." 

Kumuha siya ng dalawang punyal at sabay iyong inihagis sa ere. Magkasabay rin iyong tumama sa sentro ng dalawang magkalayong target. As far as I know, the Sullivano Vanguards are trained extensively for short and long range combats using guns. But Raijin was once an assassin and a reaper. Blades are also his thing.

"Fire away, my lady."

Nabaling ang atensyon ko sa isang lamesa kung saan nakahilera ang isa pang klase ng patalim. Halos kaparehas lang iyon ng mga punyal ngunit iba ang porma nito. Kunai. Iyon ang tawag sa ganoong klaseng patalim na mas mabigat at malaki kaysa sa karaniwang punyal. I forgot that Dad lived in Japan.

"Let's do this the traditional question and answer. Hit the bullseye, ask a question. I want the truth, Raijin."

Kumuha ako ng isang kunai at sinuri ang porma noon. This is only a basic tool but if placed in the hands of an expert, this could be a multi-functional weapon. Ninjas actually use this. Maybe the Genpou Reapers also utilize this type of weapon. Considering that Sebastiano is of Japanese descent, his Reapers must be experts with this.

"Ladies first." He said, stepping backwards to give me a wider space for my aim. I saw a hint of confidence in his face knowing that I didn't do well with daggers. But there are questions needed to be answered which means I have to hit that freaking bullseye. He was watching me, waiting for me to miss the shot. Wala sa isip kong inihagis ang kunai bago nagsalita.