Thirty Six

Marks POV

I screamed Jacks name, hoping he would listen. He held the gun up to his his head, and I heard a click. And a click. Four clicks. I forgot about the gun being on safety. He yelled, and threw the gun across the room. I ran over, and wrapped my arms around him.

"Jack, shhh... it's ok.." I cooed. Then I saw Anti. I pulled away from Jack, and and walked over. Dark did this.... I just knew. I pulled the pins from his eyes out first. Then the ones in his mouth.

His eyelids dropped down, covering the dull blue eyes he once had. I felt tears come down my face.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here to protect you... I shoulda been here.. I never should have told you to go back here.." I hugged the dead body, and didn't let go.

Turning to Jack, I said, "We can't give him a proper burial.." Jack was hysterical still. I sighed, and hugged him. "We'll bury him somewhere.." I added softly. Jack was hugging me back.

"Ok.. Mark, it's-"

"Its all my fault, Jack... Don't blame yourself.." I stifled a sob. Jack needed me to stay strong. I felt his chest rise and fall faster. And faster.

"Mark, I can't breath!" He gasped. I held him closer. His breath came faster and faster. "My chest hurts! I can't breath!" He yelled. I held him closer.

"No.. Jack please don't.." I felt tears slip away. "Jack your fine.." I felt myself cry harder.

"Mark, it hurts..." He whined. I grabbed the back of his shirt, and held on.

"Jack, please... Don't.. Don't die on me.." I begged. His breathing slowed slightly.

"It hurts!" He screamed. I let out a sob I forgot I was keeping in.

His breathing slowed a lot, and he glanced at me with wide, terrified blue eyes. Then I realized..

"Jack it's ok.. your having a panic attack.." I calmed him. I rubbed his back. "Its just a panic attack." I repeated.

After a few minutes, he was completely calm, and hugged me back. I kissed him lightly on the lips.

"Mark, it... it hurt.." He looked up at me.

"I know.. your fine now.." I held him against my chest. "I thought... because Anti.." I trailed off.

"Me too." He let out a dry laugh. I let out a sigh.

"Well, come on... we'll bury him, ok?" I asked.

"Alright, come on." He got up, and pulled away. I grabbed Anti, and together we carried him out. I grabbed a shovel on the way out the back, and continued forward.

I started to dig, and watch Jack out of the corner of my eye. He showed no emotion as I told him we needed to bury him.

"I'm sorry... Anti it should have been me.. not ye.." Jack had tears streaming down his face again. "You didn't deserve this.." He added, and hugged me. "I love ya, Markimoo. Don't leave me.. please.. not like Anti did." He begged. I kissed the top of his head, and pulled him close.

"I love you too.. now let's bury him.." and we did.

"Goodbye, Anti." I whispered. "I'll miss you more than you ever knew."