SCAMMERS ON THIS BOOK

Disclaimer, this is not to bash or throw hate towards Wattpad, or its workers.

Hey guys! So, the past few days, a few of you may have seen fake "reward" accounts either responding to your comment, or making a comment and tagging you in it. They claim to give you a link to free Wattpad Premium, which as many of you can guess, is a scam.

Wattpad has seemingly been able to delete these comments in seconds after it being posted, or something is glitched and I cannot see them. I get the notification, but can never find the comment. I report each and every user that claims to be one of these reward accounts.

Unfortunately, I do not think Wattpad has taken it seriously. Not even a minute after I sent the report, I got this email.

Wattpad should prioritize situations like this, not brush them off because "it is likely the issue has been addressed"

Wattpad should prioritize situations like this, not brush them off because "it is likely the issue has been addressed". If the issue was addressed, why have I been getting these scammers on my books for three days in a row? I will be bringing this specific email to their attention, because in my opinion, sending me this email was very inconsiderate and unprofessional.

In fact, I have no faith that they even read my complaint. They even state, "if you find that your issue has not yet been resolved, please report the user." That is clear evidence they did not read it, tied in with the fact this arrived only a minute or less after my complaint. I went to the users profile, and hit report and reported the account for spam, and specified what they had said about Wattpad Premium. After this, I muted them because I do not want scammers commenting on my books.

Due to Wattpad completely disregarding my complaint, I'm sorry to say there isn't much left I can do. I'll try my best to report and mute any user who comments on my books. The most I can do is warn you guys to never click these links, and to keep your own readers safe by making them awear of what's happening. These comments seemingly are appearing on the more read books, as it has only happened to my books that have more reads than others I have.

So stay safe, please take matters into your own hands and report and mute these users, because it is clear Wattpad won't be much help in this situation.