Chapter 81

Lina's P.O.V

I walked into the bathroom and took a shower before walking out and drying myself. I put on a new pair of clothes and let my natural wavy hair untouched before I did my make up and walked downstairs. "Lina?" Grayson asks and I look over at him. I made my way further into the room and raise a brow at him. "Yes baby?" I asked and he furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Lina? Uh... something has changed..." Damon said raising his brow and I smirked. "Oh, well i got some news... I turned my humanity off." I said and as soon as those words left my mouth, that exact moment Grayson's glass of whiskey fell down on the floor, glass shattering all around the room.

"Lina what the fuck have you done?" Stefan asked getting up from the couch and Alex just looked at me with a disappointed look. "Okay looks like I have to repeat myself again. I turned my humanity off." I said and I noticed Ethan entering the room behind me. "When? Why?" Alex asked this time and I sighed as I walked over to the table and filled myself a glass of whiskey. "A few hours ago. After I talked to Hanna, she tried and tried to make me stop but she couldn't touch me." 

"Hanna? Lina what are you talking about?" Ethan asked behind me and I shrugged. His eyes filled with hope as he stared at his brother who still stood in the same position as he did when I first came in the room. "Gray? You got anything to say?" I asked and he nodded.

"How could you do it? HOW COULD YOU DO IT WITHOUT EVEN THINKING ABOUT ME, OR MASON OR DAISY?!" He yelled and I raised a brow. "I thought about everything and this is for the best. I don't need anyone to always keep an eye on me as if I'm gonna kill myself, when you all know I can't die." I said and he grabbed the glass from my hand before throwing it on the ground. 

"SO THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON YOU GOT ABOUT THIS? HOW COULD YOU BE SO SELFISH? DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT IT ISN'T ONLY YOU WHO'S HURTING? IT'S ALL OF US. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?!" He yelled again and I glared at him. "NOTHING I EVER DO IS GONNA BE GOOD ENOUGH. I JUST WANNA BE LEFT THE HELL ALONE!" I said trying to walk past him but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"What the hell is wrong with you Lina?" He asked looking down at me, "Too much... too much is wrong with me. I know I'm supposed to be strong and to know how to handle this but I can't. I can't keep doing this... I'm sorry." I said and pulled my arm from his hand. "You have changed too much Lina." He said with saddness in his voice and I turned to look at him. "Don't underestimate the allure of darkness. Even the purest hearts are drawn to it." 

End of chapter 81.