Part Twenty: The Phone Call

*ECHO'S POV*

As I was walking to my room, my phone started ringing. I quickly ran into my room and looked at the caller ID. Unknown.

I cautiously answered it.

(E: Echo P: Person)

E: Hello?

P: Hi. Echo, I just wanted to say I'm so sorry.

E: Um, what? Who is this?

P: You don't recognize my voice?

E: Um...no. Who is this?

P: Oh. Well Echo, it's your mother. Your father drank himself to death. And I finally saw how we had treated you, and the mistakes we made. I'm clean now, and I had a question.

E: What is it?

P: How do you feel about coming back into my custody?

E: No! Never! I would never do that! Not even if my life depended on it! It's because of you that I never truly knew what a family was! It's because of you that I lost hope! And it's because of you that I never lived a normal life! What happened is all your fault! It's only fair that you pay for your mistakes!

P: Fine. Whatever.

*P hangs up*

"Echo?" I heard Ricky ask.

I jumped. "Yeah?" I asked.

"Who was that?" He asked in a concerned tone.

"It was my mom. My biological one. I don't know how she got my number."

"What did she call you for?"

"She um...asked me if I wanted back in her custody."

"Oh. What did you say?"

"I said no, of course. I don't want to leave you guys. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"Really? I'm glad to hear that. Well, I better get back to dinner now."

And with that, he walked away.

I couldn't believe that she would even think of asking me if I want to go back to her. After everything she's put me through.