Part 38: The Reaper

*ECHO'S POV*

I sat in a dark empty room. The walls were black. The floor was black. The walls were black. Everything was black.

I looked down. I had a long white dress on. It stood out in the black room.

It took me a second to remember what had happened. The text messages. The pills. The blackness. It was all coming back to me.

I was all alone, but I heard voices.

I wasn't able to make them out at first. They were a million whispers and mumbles.

I heard a scream.

"CHOOSE!" It said.

I jumped out of fear at the sound.

Suddenly, a large, blacker than black figure approached me.

"Echo." It said.

"Wh-who are you?" I stuttered.

"Oh, you don't know?" He asked, gesturing to the large object in his hand.

I hung my head.

"You're here for me, aren't you?" I asked.

"I don't know...I haven't quite decided..." He said.

Tears streamed down my face and dripped onto the black floor.

"Just take me now." I said. "No one wants me around anyways."

"That's not so true..." He said.

"W-what do you mean?"

"Those guys out there, you know, your family? Yeah. They're out in the waiting room of the hallway sobbing and hoping you come back."

I lifted my head a little bit.

"So, what's going to happen to me?" I asked.

He sighed. "You choose."

I thought for a minute. I thought about all those things Rowan said, everything that's happened with Lucas. Didn't I want to be with him?

I thought about Ross. I thought about my uncles. I thought about Ashton. I thought about Chris and Ricky, and how much they all loved me.

But, either way, I'm making someone's life worse.

If I live, Rowan.

If I die, Chris and Ricky.

"I think I'm ready now." I said.

"Okay. What's your choice?" The Reaper asked me.

"I want to...I want to live."