Chapter 16

The next day I got to school and I was sorting out my books in my locker when I felt someone tap my shoulder, I looked over to see Cyrus smiling at me. "Good Morning" he said leaning against the locker door, "Morning" I said back to him. "Did you hear that James and Ava are back together" he said and I gave a look of disgust. "Yea it's not hard to believe" I said sounding brutally honest, "they won't last" he said as I closed my locker and swung my bag over my shoulder.

"What do you have up first?" he asked me, "I have a double spare, you?" I asked. "I have a double spare too so do you want to get a leave pass and we can walk around outside the front of the school?" he asked and I looked at him with uncertainty. "I don't know if that's a good idea" I said back to him, "fine we'll sit on the school lawn" he said and I agreed. We walked down to the school lawn and sat on the grass together.

"Say Elizabeth um if I told you what I am about to say would you be mad?" Cyrus asked pulling me out of my thoughts, "I don't know because I have no idea about what you're going to ask me" I said and he smiled. "Well I've actually liked you for a long time and that's been since year 9 and I was always afraid you'd say no but I just wanted to say that I really like you" he said and I was speechless because like he was always the popular nerdy guy who played sports and videogames and hardly spoke to me.

"Cyrus I don't know because honestly it's hard to believe" I said and he sighed, "but I'm not lying" he said almost in a sad tone. I used to like Cyrus and I have a little space of that left that's hanging by a thread, I looked up into Cyrus's brown eyes and I saw myself reflected. "Well Cyrus I really like you too" I said and he smiled again, "so you'd go out with me?" he asked and I nodded.

He gave me a hug and we spent the rest of our time just talking and laughing, "why did you wait this long to tell me?" I asked and he gave me a small smile. "Maybe because half the time when wasn't around my mates I was quiet" he said and I giggled. "Your beautiful" he said and I was caught by surprise, "yea don't lie" I said to him and he gave me a hug. "I'm not lying I'm serious" he said resting his chin on my head. "How the hell did you ever pick me honestly because I could sing you a song but I don't think words could express your beauty" Cyrus sung and I was taken back.

"Never knew you could sing" I said to him and he smiled, "I'm full of surprises" he joked and I laughed. "I play guitar and I know you do too" he said and I looked down at the floor feeling slightly shy. "Yea and I play in my spare time too" I said to him and looked at me wide eyed. "What songs?" he asked and I listed a few, "Circles by Pierce the Veil, Roger Rabbit by sleeping with Sirens, Don't forget by Jordan Sweeto and Stiches by Shawn Mendes" I said and he looked at me speechless.

"I'm not lying when I say that I love Sleeping with Sirens, Pierce the Veil and All time Low" he said and I smiled. "I'm learning to play Love like war by All time low on my guitar at the moment" I said moving my bag onto my lap. "By the way thanks for singing 'If I'm James Dean the You're Audrey Hepburn' to me" I said and he nodded. "You're creative" I said and he stood up and helped me up.

"Say we have one period left so want to go to the library and went to sit on the couches, "do you know what was due for media?" Cyrus asked and I nodded. "We had to do a mini presentation" I stated and he nodded.

We got to the library and sat on the couches with our laptops open doing our projects. "Do you think your friends would be uncomfortable if they found out we were dating?" Cyrus asked and I shook my head, "well your friends with Matt, Newt and Kody so it should be fine" I said and he nodded.

I was looking through my presenataiotion and Cyrus was looking over my shoulder, I then looked up from my screen and I saw Ava and James walking around in the library. I guess they saw us because they were heading our way, I looked at Cyrus feeling uncomfortable. "Um hi" responded Ava and I tried so hard to not roll my eyes at that moment to.