Chapter 29

On the way home we stopped at Subway and I got a chicken teriyaki sub with all salads except pickles, lettuce and carrots, old English cheese, I also got ranch sauce with salt and pepper. And Melody got a pizza sub with Swiss cheese, Spinach, olives, cucumber, tomato and topped with thousand island's sauce and salt and pepper. We got home and packed our stuff away and got cleaned up before eating. "Elizabeth I'm going to be upstairs in my room just come knock on the door or call out if you need me" she said before going upstairs, "okay then" I said before she disappeared from my sight.

I sat at the counter and turned on the Apple TV before playing a YouTube playlist of Sleeping with Sirens. I would hum along to all the songs and listen of course while eating my sandwich. After finishing I cleaned up and sang to the next song that came on which was my favourite and it was called November and I sung along to the chorus. "There's a fire in this November sky, It's burning up, burning up.They'll remember me tonight, There's a fire in this November sky.It's building up, building up, They'll remember me tonight. In this town,In this town,Whoa, whoa, whoa."

I sang along to a few other songs until it got to How about no by Jordan Sweeto than I sang a long loud enough that it rang out the house. "Here it goes, that everything about you, Makes me feel like everything I've wanted to do, It's all for you. You wear it out, like it was discontinued. Say it out, like everything you're thinking is true, I know you too."

I was about to sing the next line when Melody cut in, "cause you had me wanting you right from the start and I couldn't help miss you when we were apart. I'd run it by your best friend, wait so we could meet up tomorrow call it a date" she sang and then I finished the next verse. "You know I'd follow wherever you go, I'd stay with you longer to let you know, What you mean to me. How I never want to leave you so,Darling, don't forget."Melody sang, I looked up and saw Melody at the balcony of the stairs and she danced around the hall up there.

I soon heard a knock at the door and I ran to the door so I could answer it while Melody turned down the music. As I reached the door and turned the knob and the door opened to me seeing Ava. I wanted to slam the door in her face, I looked at her with a silent stare before swinging the door in her face. But she then stopped the door and looked at me with a face of a mixture of being annoyed and giving me silent treatment. "Hey Elizabeth" she said and I felt disgusted to talk to her. What the hell does she want!

I leaned up against the door and tapped my fingers on the door waiting for Ava to say all that she had to say. "Yes Ava what would you like?" I asked and she tried looking at me innocently, "I wanted to say sorry" she mumbled and I snickered. "Yea for?" I asked and she looked at me sheepishly, "for all the rumours, drama, pushing around and anything else" she said biting her bottom lip. I rolled my eyes and looked at her, "listen Ava you really need to change I mean you cheat and sleep around with guys" I said honestly towards her. "Uh huh well I've changed" she said with a sigh and in my head I was laughing, 'nah she's just the same girl who cheats, no change what so ever' I thought.

I laughed it off and she looked at me confused, "what's so funny?" She asked tilting her head to the side. "Yea well I don't believe you when you say the change bit" I said and she looked at me surprised. "Anyway what do you need?" I asked really wanting her to go away, "I said all I had to say and um I came over from James's house so I think I'm gonna head back now" she said and I quietly sighed. She walked away and I closed the door as she did, 'she'll never change' I thought and laughed to myself in amusement.

I went back inside and went into the kitchen opening the fridge to grab the orange juice and served some in a glass before going through the pantry to get out the bacon and cheese rolls. With all the noise I attracted Melody's attention, she peek out from the corner and looked at the bench before looking back at me. "You can have some" I said and she walked closer coming to have a bite. Sometime later we were still in the kitchen talking and the week coming up was the last week of the term then holidays. "You still doing the open mic?" She asked and I nodded, "your coming to watch right?" I asked and she nodded. "Yea me and all of my friends are coming to see you and we hope you do well" she said and I nodded, "apparently first prize is record your song and a gift card to the local music store, second place is just the music store voucher and third place $500 iTunes card" explained Melody as I took another drink of orange juice.

Nearly the end of the term and on the last day which is the Friday and I was excited for this but I was also excited for it too. "Come on Elizabeth you need to win first place or second because there the best prizes" said Melody waving her hands in the air, I guess she was right about those two being the best prizes. "Alright here we come first and second place" I said and Melody jumped up and down on the spot squealing like an excited 6 year old.