Chapter 27

1 hour later I was already cleaned up and in my pyjamas and Mum had dinner ready. Thomas had gone home and Melody was showing me her graduation project that she was working on earlier. "Elizabeth are you going to do the open mic that is taking place in week 10?" asked Melody and I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know" I said back to her, "well you should" she encouraged and Mum and Dad said the same. "Fine I'll do it" I finally said giving in, "You should play your guitar and perform Iris" she said and I then figured that she heard me before singing and playing my guitar. "I'll toss the idea of either playing Iris, Rogger Rabbit or Missing you" I said and she nodded in approval.

"In my personal opinion you should do missing you" said Melody and I knew what she was getting at. "I know you love all time low but I'll think about it" I said and she giggled. For dinner we were having chicken curry with flat bread on the side. We sat at the table and Mum was saying on how she was thinking about leaving Melody and I home alone for the whole holidays while they were over in Melbourne for a friends wedding. Tomorrow was Wednesday and it was the start of hell and we were still doing exam block, it was already week 9 pretty much my assignment was due on the Friday and I had my math exam tomorrow and I had been studying because it was on graphs and formula's. We were in exam block and math's was first up in the morning, "Mum can I go home at around 11:20am?" I asked and she looked at me curiously. "Why darling?" she asked me, "well I only have two exams and then one assignment due and then I'm done with my exams" I stated and she looked over to dad. I down casted my eyes waiting for there answer, "but we're working we can't pick you up unless Melody you have the same amount of exams as Elizabeth than you can both come home" she said looking at me with a doubtful expression.

"Yea I only have 2 exams and then I was going to go home anyway so I'll take Elizabeth" she said and I nodded. "Very well" said Mum looking down at her food, after dinner I went upstairs to study and Melody was helping me out. "Alright I think I got it" I said and she left me to do the work, I was soon done and had everything down flat and was pretty confidant about the test. My history assignment was all complete I just needed to hand it in and all my other subjects were done and dusted. I then went to practice my guitar and Melody popped in to watch me and she was vey interested.

"Can you sing Missing you?" she asked and I nodded, I got the opening up and going on the guitar and Melody was quietly clapping to the beat. "I heard that you've been self-medicating in the quiet of your room,Your sweet, suburban tomb.And if you need a friend,I'll help you stitch up your wounds.I heard that you've been having some trouble finding your place in the world.

I know how much that hurts, But if you need a friend.Then please just say the word..." I sang as I glanced up at Melody to see her smiling. "Join me?" I asked and she nodded and I sang the next few lines on my own. "You've come this far,You're all cleaned up.You've made a mess again, There's no more trying.Time to sort yourself out..." I sang on my own and then Melody joined in.

"Hold on tight,This ride is a wild one.Make no mistake,The day will come when you can't cover up what you've done.Now don't lose your fight, kid,It only takes a little push to pull on through. With so much left to do,You'll be missing out, and we'll be missing you."

We sang the rest of the song and by the end of it we were both laughing and I was so surprised on what I just did. "You're a natural and you'll do great" she said, I smiled and nodded my head. After a few more practices I had just decided to go with this song, because it seemed fairly simple and a bit of my style. Melody soon left my room and I got ready for bed because I was tired and I had exams so I would say let's just hope that I would survive the two exams, cheers to me that I survive my exams.