Chapter 41 And The Truth Comes Out

Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta. Shield...

Phil jumped to his feet, turning to face the crowd behind me. By the mask of fury I knew that Shield was coming down the steps and I glared at Miz. He grinned, hand dangling with the mic over the edge of his chair as he looked at me, eyes excited.

"Nothing personal Lila but it's just good TV." He grinned and suddenly I realized he had planned this.

Phil was still standing, mic in his hand as he glanced down at me. I was still in the chair, thinking about our options. Roman, Dean and Seth walked into the ring, carrying chairs and my heart dropped. I relaxed slightly as they unfolded them across from us, each of them carrying a mic. Phil was rigid, tension in every line in his body as he stared down Shield. Seth was directly in front of me, eyes flashing regret before hardening. Something was up and I knew it wasn't going to be good.

"Lila and Punk." Dean started, head down, mic pressed between the palms of his hand, "The WWE universe's favorite renegade couple."

The crowd cheered as I glanced at Roman, heart rate picking up as he looked away, instead focusing on Phil. His eyes were hard as he stared at him. My legs were crossed and my foot started bouncing. I felt the anger rise in me as I lifted my mic, leaning forward.

"Dean Ambrose, resident lunatic." I shot back, Dean's head rising, looking at me from under his eyelashes.

"We didn't want to come out here and ruin you and Punk's little moment but, "he cut off, chuckling darkly, "Something you said sparked a chord in me and I just had to test you. I had to see if what you said would hold up to the test."

"Nothing anyone could do could make me and Punk turn our backs on each other." Roman spoke loudly, voice booming as he quoted me, "Isn't that what you said Lila?"

Phil was practically vibrating as he stared at Roman, his brown eyes turning dark with anger. My eyes flew to everyone's face, trying to figure out what was going on here.

"I'm glad to know you were listening in Roman. It is what I said and it is the truth." I spoke firmly, ignoring the piercing gaze of Dean.

"How sure are you about that Lila?" Seth spoke up for the first time, "Are you positive there is nothing in this world that could come between you?"

"Isn't that what I just said? I'm sure Rollins." I snapped.

Ambrose jumped to his feet, knocking his chair over, making me jump. He paced back and forth in front of me, shaking his wet hair so it settled against his face. Roman and Seth stood up as well, flanking him as he stopped in front of me, resting his hands against my arm rests. Phil went for him but Roman stepped in front of him blocking me. I held up my hand and he calmed down, trusting me to handle myself. I didn't flinch, just stared back into his blue eyes which were darting over my face. Bringing his mic up he let out a crazy grin.

"Let's put this relationship to the test than shall we?"

He motioned to Miz who held up his hand, motioning to the screen behind him.

Roman moved Phil so I could see and Dean stepped back, crossing his arms over his chest. I turned slowly, my eyes finding the screen. I knew something bad was going to happen but I didn't think it was going to be this bad. In the corner had yesterday's date and I watched the camera focus on Phil and mine's locker room. I watched myself walk out and I knew that was when I went for water. My faced drained of all color when a few minutes later I saw AJ slip inside, a serene smile on her face. I was aware of the crowd groaning their disapproval as the screen went black. I thought that was it but it showed another clip, the same day. Phil and AJ stood in the hall, closer than I would have liked. She was talking and Phil was staring down at her, an unidentifiable look on his face. There was no volume but it didn't matter. The damage was done and I looked away, fury rising inside of me.