Who I Am

My body bounces with every stride he takes. He doesn't say anything. The blood is rushing to my head and I try to focus on the ground and not his butt. I recognize the gravel of the driveway and then we are going up the porch steps. He pauses by the railing and I hear rustling as he grabs his pants. The door flings open and I'm in the warmth of their house.

"What the hell!" someone bellows.

I'm deposited unceremoniously onto the sofa and I'm dizzy from the motion for a moment before I can focus. A man I haven't seen before is standing in front of the leather chair by the fireplace. He's handsome and probably in his forties. He must be Mr. Taylor, Mom's new boss. Great. Owen's back is turned to me as he puts his jeans on. I get a good look at his back side. I blush and turn away.

"Who's the girl?" Mr. Taylor demands.

Owen zips his pants and turns around, looking at me coldly. "A foolish girl named Sang Sorenson."

I hear footsteps on the front porch and the others rush in just with their jeans.

"What the hell, Sang!" North looks murderous.

They all look very upset with me. Even jolly Luke and Gabe. This isn't good.

"I'm sorry," I stutter.

"Will someone tell me what the blazes is going on!" Mr. Taylor looks very upset too.

"She spied on us while we shifted," Owen tells him. His eyes are still bearing into me and go black. Something tells me it's not from being aroused.

"Sweet Jesus," Mr. Taylor mutters. "Did she already know?"

Owen continues to stare at me. "Yes."

I feel Mr. Taylor look at me, "What were you thinking?

I break away from Owen eyes and look at my Mom's boss. "I was curious," I lamely state.

He runs his hand through his hair. "How did you get here?"

"I ran."

"I'll bring you home."

"Um, that's okay. I'll just walk back."

He looks at me intently. "You snuck out, didn't you."

I blush. This has gone terribly wrong. "Yes."

"I'm going to handle this Joe," Owen states.

Mr. Taylor turns to him. "This is more my area, Owen."

Owen looks back at him. "Actually, it's mine."

Mr. Taylor's face is covered in confusion, then his brows shoot up. "No s***?"

Owen shakes his head.

"How? Wh-?" He's astonished.

"I'll have Kota fill you in on what we know."

I have no idea what just went on but feel like I'm somehow involved.

Owen turns to the others. "Run the perimeters as planned. Kota, you stay with Joe and catch him up on things."

He grabs my hand and pulls me up. "You're coming with me." I'm not given the opportunity to object. He leads me down a hall and into a bedroom, shutting the door. The room is simple and has two beds. I avoid eye contact with him, afraid of what's to come.

"Sit down," he directs, pointing to the end of a bed.

I obediently sit, the mattress sinking under my weight. Owen paces back and forth in front of me. His body is amazing. I know this isn't the time to notice or think about that with how much trouble I'm probably in, but I do. He's lean and muscular. He doesn't have the bulk of Silas, but exudes strength. I feel like he can probably crush me with his hands if he wants. He's perfection.