Unwanted Visitor

Cole

I can't hold myself back and roll my eyes in mocking at the "muscle."

Please. Like you'd ever intimidate me.

I release a loud sigh and hold my hands up, raising a brow. Do they want me to wave a f***ing white flag too?

They look around, seeing if anyone is hiding. "It's just me," I say in a bored manner. I motion at the door. "May I?"

Redhead nods and I step out of my truck. Well, technically it's not mine. I intimidated and scared the s**t out of some guy and his girlfriend and stole it. But hey, I didn't kill them at least.

The big Greek growls, "What are you doing here?"

I pretend to pick a piece of lint off my sleeve, "Well that's the million dollar question. Isn't it?"

He snarls and grabs the front of my shirt, shoving me back against the truck door. "What. Are. You. F***ing. Doing. Here?" His soft voice carries an unspoken threat.

I stand straight, forcing him to step back and let go of my shirt. "I'm only answering the question once. So get your alpha and I'll tell you." I yank at the bottom of my shirt, straightening it. Damn I'd love to kick his a**.

"He's already on his way," the blonde one standing on the porch says, holding a cell phone.

Movement in the second story window catches my eye and I look up.

Watching me from it is the lupa. Holy s**t. No wonder Levi lost it. Now that I'm focused on her, I feel her electricity. I inhale, trying to find her scent that I only faintly smelled once before on her mother.

Three simultaneous growls divert my attention.

I look at her protectors. Their eyes have gone black and they look like they want to tear me apart just for looking at her.

A smile tugs at the corner of my mouth.

This will be fun.

Sang

When he looks at me, his gaze is intense, but nonthreatening.

I can hear the subsequent growls from the shifters in my room and the ones outside.

Cole returns his attention to Silas and Nathan, the beginnings of a smile on his lips.

He seems to like confrontation.

I turn from the window and start to my bedroom door. Kota and Victor block my path. "What are you doing?" Kota asks.

"I'm going outside."

"No, you're not."

I sigh at Kota's response. "I don't think he means harm, Kota. You heard him, he wants to tell us something. I won't get close."

Victor shakes his head, "Just wait for the others to get here."

I glare at them, irritated. "Fine, but I'm going downstairs where my grandparents are." I move past them, not waiting for a response, and they don't stop me, but follow.

I find Grandma and Grandpa looking out the window, Grandpa holding a rifle. Again.

"Who is that?" he demands.

"That's Cole," Victor says, "Levi's brother."

Grandpa stiffens, "Should I shoot him?"

"Maybe after he gives us whatever information he's come with." Kota sounds happy at the thought.