Testing Owen's Resolve

He gets on his knees in front of us.

"I called for Owen and North, they should be here soon. Are you okay?"

I can't answer his question like this and I have some of my own.

Gathering the strength needed, our body shudders and shakes as we shift.

Once finished, I curl my knees up in front of me, covering myself as best I can. I lay my cheek on my knee and wrap my arms around my legs.

He has no qualms about being naked, but I'm still getting used to the idea. His eyes respectfully never leave my face though.

"Is Finn okay?" I whisper. Tears start to form.

He swallows and I see his own eyes get misty. "He's great. You cured him... when you turned him into a shifter."

"You figured it out then."

"Finn did. He seems to think it's pretty cool."

"I'm sorry... I'm still learning about my wolf and she knew she could save him. I didn't have a chance to stop her." A tear escapes. "I shouldn't have tried to heal him without your permission either. It could have gone badly."

"Yes, it could have, but it didn't. I think we can move on from that now." He covers one of my hands with his. "I'm forever grateful to you, to your wolf, for healing him. For giving him a long life that he never would have had." He uses the pad of his thumb on his other hand to wipe away my tear.

I give him a weak smile, "You're welcome."

He grins at me then narrows his eyes. "Now are you okay physically? You seem to have drained your energy. Your electricity is weak."

I lift my heavy head and nod. "Soon after I left, we could barely keep going. I don't know what's wrong with me."

My heartbeat picks up. I can't take anymore surprises. Not today.

"I think it's just a combination of things, Sang. You just had your awakening, discovered your abilities and used them, then shifted. You've simply done too much. Sean said your ancestors would get weak after using their abilities for a bit. You simply went overboard." He grins handsomely again. "You need a break."

I give him a wry smile. "That's what I was trying to accomplish."

"Yeah... " He chuckles. "You also managed to get Owen rather worked up. I don't think I've ever seen him so worried and flustered before."

My eyes get big. "Am I in trouble?"

He opens his mouth to answer when we both feel the familiar electricity as a large black and a large multicolored wolf run up to us.

North and Owen both shift mid step.

I divert my eyes from where they naturally want to look and instead look into the eyes of two very angry shifters.

Ethan stands. "Take it easy. She's okay, just completely drained her energy as Sean said."

Owen doesn't take his eyes off me. "Thank you, Ethan. You should go back to the house and let everyone know she's been found and is okay."

"What are you doing?" Ethan asks.

"I'm taking her to the cave... to rest."

Ethan gives me an almost sympathetic look. "I want your wolf to know I'm sorry, for hitting her."

I nod and try to hug myself tighter with my spaghetti arms as he shifts and takes off.

"I'm going to the cave, too," North insists.