The Energy Of A Pre-Pubescent Shifter

Gabe

I swear on all that is f***ing holy, I'm going to kill him.

I'm so sick of chasing after his skinny furry a**.

Since Finn shifted, he's become a f***ing menace. This is obviously the reason shifters don't go through their awakening until after puberty.

Sweet, quiet, obedient Finn has turned into a f***ing rebel. Ethan looks like he's going to yank his hair out. Silas, the idiot, loves it. Luke and Sean think it's the f***ing most hilarious thing. And Holly just smiles.

At least Kota's just as irritated as me. I knew he was smart.

We took him out after he shifted like we did Sang. Like we all did our first time. Your wolf needs to feel free and you need to get used to the new life you have.

You run around, sniff, explore, connect with your wolf, maybe get a bit randy and s***, then you shift back.

Is Finn doing that? Of course the f*** not.

I admit, I thought it was adorable for the first thirty minutes or so, but not two hours!

Owen, North and Sang should be back any minute. That thought makes me smile. Wait til North sees what Finn did to his motorcycle.

Holy hell, he's going to blow a gasket!

The little f***er flies past me again, knocking me over for the hundredth time. The smile leaves my face, replaced by a scowl. Kota gives me a sympathetic look as he's met the same fate numerous times too.

Uncle hoots from the freaking seating section the humans all set up to watch, enjoying the show.

Finn's wolf seems to have found his favorite version of whack a shifter. He even pushed Silas over who then laughed like a f***ing hyena, encouraging him.

That's the thing. He's only ten and is almost as strong as any of us and is faster than Ethan! Which is the reason why we can't catch the bugger. If we shift, our wolves might freak out on him and hurt him out of pure annoyance, so we don't and wait for him to wear out.

The electricity coming off him is chaotic and strong and suddenly peaks.

We all feel it and see that he's suddenly stopped, tongue lolling out and focused on the dark forest. I stiffen for a moment as to what it could be, then relax when I feel the familiar electricity of Owen, North and Sang.

They run onto the field, the light of the moon giving Sang's white coat a glow. For a moment I stare in awe at how beautiful and exotic her wolf really is. Just as much as her.

Finn's wolf tosses his head back and lets out one of the f***ing loudest howls I've ever heard. Sweet Jesus, it makes me jump.

North and Owen immediately stop, blocking Sang's path, determining if the new sound is a threat.

Not waiting, her wolf bolts past them and takes off toward Finn. He flies across the rest of the field to meet her and they stop. He happily flops onto his back and goes belly up as she nuzzles his neck.

The little s**t.