Her Wolf

Sang

I look around the room to see nine guys watching me. They're all staring at me with wonder. Something feels different. It's like I'm having an out of body experience in my body. I'm here, but not. I know these guys, they're my friends, but I feel nervous. I want to speak, but can't. I'm not in complete control. Instead, I feel my chest rumble and a growl comes out.

It suddenly clicks in a frightening way. I've shifted. I'm a wolf.

My wolf pushes at me to let her take over. It feels wrong to object and I allow myself to become an observer. I realize we're standing on the bed in the room Owen put me in, what now seems forever ago. My wolf looks down at her paws. They're white. I remember there's a mirror above the bureau across the room. She looks up and, between Luke and Owen's shoulders, we see the reflection. I feel myself start to panic but she pushes it back, gazing at herself. She's very pretty and we both know it. Her coat is mostly white with some flecks of blonde in it. The eyes are my green ones but much larger and brighter. She's not as big as I remember the guys being when they shifted.

Someone moves slightly and she snaps her head over to look at Luke, her eyes bearing into him. His body shudders. "No, Luke," Owen commands. Luke tenses and then relaxes. He was about to shift.

My wolf steps toward the end of the bed. She knows what they are. Owen steps forward. He holds his hand out and she growls. He doesn't flinch. Electricity comes off him. She doesn't appreciate him trying to calm her down and pushes it back. His eyes widen in surprise. He pushes harder and it's too much to refuse.

She reaches forward with her nose and sniffs his hand. She likes his scent and licks it. A tiny smile appears on his lips. He steps back and she feels confused. "Alright," he says. "One at a time."

Sean comes forward next. "Sang," he says. "we're letting your wolf get used to our human sides."

That makes sense. One by one she sniffs and licks their hands. Their eyes go dark as she does so. She likes them, but once she's met them all, she wants to do something else.

She wants to meet their wolves.