Chapter Nine

I woke up to a horrible headache and aching chest. I felt this heavy weight on my legs. I tried to sit up but a great pain shot through my body. I let out a loud groan and laid back down on my back.

"Mommy?" I heard a small voice say. I lifted my head to see Wiley sitting on my legs. Well at least that explains the excessive pain in my legs.

"Hey buddy." I said but my voice sounded hoarse.

"Are you otay mommy?" He asked with tears clear in his eyes.

"Yea. I'm perfect." I said ad forced a smile on my face. But then I started to cough and that's when I really felt my ribs start to ache.

"You don't sound perfect." He said.

"Come here buddy." I said motioning him to me. He very carefully crawled over to me and laid down beside me. He gently laid his head on my chest and I took in a breath.

"I'm stared for you mommy." He said softly.

"It's okay sweetheart. I promise." I breathed. "I'm just a little beat up is all."

"Your face though mommy. It is hurt." He said.

"I will get better soon, but right now mommy needs you to do her favor okay?" I asked. He nodded his head. "Will you go re-wet my washcloth in cold water for mommy please?" I asked.

He nodded and then got up and ran to the bathroom. I slowly sat up as much as possible. I pulled my shirt up to right under my breasts and I was shocked by what I saw.

Almost my entire torso was completely covered in bruises. I was black and blue all over. "You're awake." I hear Brenda say behind me and I dropped my shirt immediately.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Two days. Wiley has not left your side the whole time.he refused to budge from the end of that couch." She answered.

"Here you go mommy." Wiley said returning with a wet washcloth.

"Thank you so much sweetheart." I said taking it from him. Then I laid back down and placed the cloth on my head. "Did you take care of mommy when I was asleep?" I asked him. I held out my hand and he immediately grabbed it with both if his.

"Are you going to die mommy?" He asked.

"No. Of course not. I told you mommy was just sleeping." I replied.

"Okay well I'm going to go get some groceries and things now that you are awake again." Brenda said.

"What about my audition I had yesterday?" I asked.

"They postponed it till next week." She answered. "Now I will be back as soon as possible. Get some rest." She said before grabbing her bag and leaving.

I slowly got up and made my way to my bedroom. I filled a backpack with my stuff and a backpack for Wiley very slowly. Then I put on some sweatpants, baggy t-shirt, my hair in a pointy tail, and a hat to hide my face.

I called Nick's phone because I knew they were outside my front door blocking the entrance. I told them my manager just called and needed them both as soon as possible. It was an emergency.

It took all my energy to grab the bags, and Wiley, and make my way out of my building. I went straight for the airport. I was determined to make it back home. I had to get out of California. It wasn't safe there anymore. If Tyler could do this much damage to me I don't even want to know what would happen if he got a hold of Wiley.

The thought alone sent a cold shiver down my spine. I couldn't go to Harry's. He can't see me like this, he would explode. I knew where I had to go.