Chapter Fourty-Nine

I woke up and got into the shower. I stayed in a bit longer then neccessary because I just wanted to relax.

Once I finally got out I put on my undergarments and then brushed out my hair. I got dressed and then went to check on the kids.

They were still passed out in their beds so I made my way downstairs. I started cooking breakfast and then I made sure to take my medicine.

A few minutes went by when Naomi came down stairs with the baby. "Morning." She yawned.

"Morning." I smiled. "Did you sleep good?"

"Not really. I was up all night with the baby. I think she misses her daddy." She yawned again.

"Well do you want me to watch her for a while and you go get some more rest?" I asked.

"I cannot ask you to do that for me." She said.

"You kept Darcy for a whole three years. I think I can watch your baby for a few hours." I replied.

"Good point." She said.

"You just go lay down and I promise I will come get you if anything happens." I said.

"Thank you. You are a life saver." She smiled.

"No problem really."

She kissed her daughters forehead and then handed her over to me. She started crying so I started rocking back and forth.

"Oh gosh. Here just let me..."

"Naomi." I said cutting her off. "Everything is fine. Go rest."

"Okay. Okay." She said. She ran her hands through her messy bed head and then went back upstairs.

"Hey Ronnie." I smiled. "Hey, it's okay. Uncle Charlie is here."

She stopped crying and then looked up at me like I was crazy.

"Hey." I smiled and she smiled back. "Yeah. Hey sweet girl."

Her smile grew and I sarted giggling.

"You are beautiful. Yes you are. You are very beautiful." I said in my 'baby' voice.

"Mommy." I heard a small voice say as they came down the stairs. I soon saw Wiley walk around the corner. He was rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"Why are you awake?" I giggled at how cute he looked. His hair was a mess and he looked exhausted still.

"I couldnt sleep."

"why is that?" I asked.

"I miss daddy." He answered softly.

"Well daddy misses you too." I said.

"How do you know?" He asked.

"He told me." I replied. "I spoke with him on the phone last night. He wanted to talk to you and your sister but you were both already asleep."

"You could have woken me up." He said.

"You can speak with him today when he calls back." I said.

"can I call right now?" He asked.

"I think he is asleep right now baby and we do not want to wake him up. You know how whiney he is when someone wakes him up too early." I joked.

"Okay." He replied.

"Is your sister awake?" I asked.

"Yeah, but she is just upstairs laying down crying in her bed." He replied.