A Little Piece Of Heaven

Chapter One: My First Job

Concentrate. I am concentrating! Stop yelling at me conscious. Why I am I talking to myself? O.M.G. This is one of the first steps to madness! Slap yourself Mini! You got this. Yet, I'm still talking to myself. CONCENTRATE already! Oh my french toast. I give up.

"Min! Food's ready!" My Mother screamed loudly from downstairs.

"Ye!" I jumped off my bed happily needing a break from my homework. I ran out of my room and downstairs. I plopped down at the kitchen table, where my plate was waiting. I smiled and began to eat murmuring,"Thanks Ma!"

"Welcome and I'm leaving. I'm working late tonight."

I nodded,"M'kay, what time are you coming back?"

"Maybe around two?"

"Okay, be safe."

"I will." My Ma said smiling and she kissed my cheek before rushing away.

I finished my food and washed the dishes after. I sighed before going upstairs and somehow managing to finish my homework. I'm so bored. Yet, I'm talking to myself - again. I need more friends. I have a lot of friends never mind. I need a pet. I need a job if I want a pet.

I pressed two on my phone for speed dial,"Ma?"

"Yes?"

"I'm getting a pet and a job."

". . . . Okay?"

"Just wanted to let you know. Love you bye!"

I put my index finger to my lip and lied back on my bed. What kind of pet should I get? A doggy maybe? Or a Kitty? Or a turtle! I like turtles. I like a lot of things. STAY ON TOPIC! I sorry. Hm, I think I should get a Kitty. Mwahaha, you will be mine Kitty.

Where should I work? A place that won't be too busy? Hm, I should go look around. Right now? Yes, right now.

I got up and looked at myself in the mirror? Is my outfit suitable. Boxers and strapless white tee? Hm, nope. I walked to my drawer and pulled out some dark blue skinny jeans and just slipped on a black vest, with chains and fake studs on it. I pulled my light blue hair with black streaks in it up and pinned my bangs back. I put on black hoops and looked at myself in the mirror again. That's better. I ran to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and then smeared lotion all over me.

I smiled. Not bad, not bad at all. I grabbed my wallet and chained it to my pants and left the house. I put some chapstick on and hopped into my car.

I drove around and finally stopped when I reached a small cafe, that had a help wanted sign on it. I parked outside of it and walked in. A man in his early 40's was working the register and I took in the cafe. It was medium sized, had a couple booths, a few comfy looking chairs, free wifi, good looking pastries and all around very cute.

I walked up to the the man and asked while smiling,"Can I work here?"

He look at me surprised and said,"Uh. . . .?"

I gasped,"Sorry, If I came on to strong. Um, can I please work here." I gave him a sheepish smile.

He smiled lightly and replied,"Sure Hun. I need to interview you first and you got to fill out this resume," He handed me a paper.

I nodded smiling my heart out,"Sir, yes sir! Can I borrow a pen, please?"

He handed one to me and said smiling,"Good luck."

I gulped. Holy fresh toasts. Now I feel like this is a test. Don't panic. You got this. I sat down at a bOoth and filled in the required information. Okay! My name is Mini Kollision. I live on 4766 Fairview Way. My phone number is *000-000-0000. I was born on. . . . Um. CRUD! When's my birthday again. Crud. OH YEAH! July 4, 1994.

I filled in the rest and walked back over to the man. I handed him the paper and he smiled happily as he took it. He asked quickly scanning over it,"Wanna' do the interview now?"

"If It's fine with you," I replied smiling.

He put up a sign that said,"Be back in an hour." He smiled come to my office.

I nodded happily as I watched him come and sit down in a booth. Okay. . . . ? That works too! I sat down on the opposite side of him and he asked,"So, Mini Kollision, why do you want to work here?"

I smiled,"I like coffee, pastries, discounts on both, and I want to buy a cat but I need a job. I was hoping you could help me with that because you needed employees. We both would benefit from this."

His jaw dropped and he laughed,"Okay, I think I like you. So, are you a good worker?"

"I actually never had a job before and you can see that on my resume. I don't know If I'm a good work, yet."

He looked at me with a strange face and shook his head,"Are you loyal and will follow the rules of this work?"

I grinned,"Yes! I do have morals, and such things of those sorts."

"Your hired."

My jaw dropped,"Re-really?"

"Really."

I grinned widely,"Thank you!"

"Your welcome, Sweety. I will print out your schedule and send it to your house. You'll start work Monday."

"Thank you again!"

"No problem at all and like you said. 'We're both benefitting from this." he said with a wink.

I grinned,"Before I go, what's your name?"

"Kaine Herald."

"Well thank you Boss and see you Monday!"

I skipped out of the cafe extremely happy and spinned happily to my car. I got in and shouted,"FUDGE YEAH!"