The List of Unexpected Things Just Keeps Getting Longer

Me and my best friend Ash were sitting down on the park bench looking over the empty park. She sighed and said,”It’s such a nice day.”

“Yeah.” I replied while taking a deep breath of the fresh air.

“Rose.”

“Hm?” I said looking towards her.

Suddenly, she put her head forward and kissed me.

I opened my eyes shocked and scared unable to figure out what was happening. My best friend in the whole wide world just kissed me. This would be an OK picture if only she wasn’t a girl!

I suddenly jolted back and shook my head murmering,”No, no. This is wrong. No. You’re a girl, I’m a girl. That did not happen.”

She smiled at me replied while cupping my face with her hands lovingly,”It’s not wrong. I love you Rose.”

She softly placed her lips on mine again and I immediately pulled away while wiping my lips,”No, you’re wrong! This is sick! We kissed on the cheeks but it was nothing like that. I mean! We’re freaking sisters!!!!”

She opened her eyes shocked and put my hands on her boobs,”This is not wrong! I love you and thats to it! We’re not really sisters! So, it’s ok! I know you love me too!”

I opened my eyes grossed out. I pulled my hands back and shook them in disgust. I wiped them on my pants and screamed back,”We are sisters! We did that blood thing with our index fingers in sixth grade! You remember don’t you! That Indian thing! Don’t you?!”

She screamed back sadly,”I remember but we can still love eachother!”

“Ashley! We’re best friends! You know that I’m straight! I love you but I don’t love you like that. You my forever sister! What’s wrong with you!” I screamed at her using her full name.

“Nothing! I can’t help the way I feel!” She screamed at me.

“You know how my Mom feels about Lesbos and Gays! WHY?!?!?!”

She sighed,”I don’t know but now when I see you I just can’t help it.”

“So, how long were you Les?” I asked warily.

“Four years.” She sighed.

“Four years!!!!! So, you were Les when bathed together, and slept together, and when we were changing in front of each other!!!!!!!” I screamed. Don’t think wrong. We were friends since we were newborns and we did everything together. I mean I thought we were both girls so it didn’t really matter.

“Yeah.” She admitted ashamed.

I bit my lip and looked away at the brink of tears,”Why?!” I croaked.

“I didn’t want it to ruin our relationship.” She admitted.

“Like this isn’t! What were you thinking!” I screamed my voice cracking.

“That you would accept me and we could live happily ever after!” She screamed.

I scowled,” Me and you will never happen.” I saw her flinch,” I love and accept you but I just can’t accept us and I really hate you right now!!!!”

I saw tears run down her face and I screamed. I ran away from her and tears streamed down my face.  I ran out of the park and and accidently knocked down an icecreams man cart. He cussed me out in Spanish since all his icecream fell out and I said,”I’m sorry.”

I threw all my money on the ground in front of him and ran off still crying. Then suddenly a ball came flying towards me and hit me square in the face. I saw two guy running towards me saying that they’re sorry but I screamed at them,”It’s ok.” While running off crying even more.

Suddenly, a bunch of guys that I ran past that were gangsters came up from behind and said,”Hey babe.”

I looked towards them and they all looked token aback from my tear stained face and still rolling down,”What! What do you want!? Leave me alone! My best friend is a lesbo! I had to give over 300 bucks to an ice cream man and I just got hit in the face by a foot ball!!!!! What do you want?!”

I crouched down in front of them and started crying even harder.  I could feel them deciding wether to help me out or to make a run for it. “We’re sorry.” The murmured and walked swiftly away.

After they left I felt someone poke me and ask in a deep soothing voice,”Are you ok?”

I shook my head and replied,”Yeah, I’m ok.”

He looked at me doubtful as I got up and tears started running down my face again. I started crying again and he took my into a tight hug and I cried into his shoulder. He murmured soothing things into my ear and after what seemed like forever I stopped crying and had the hiccups. I parted from him and stared down at me with sympathy. “Sorry.” I said sadly.

He put his arm around me and said,”It’s ok. Wanna’ go get ice cream.”

I nodded and we started walking to the ice cream shop. We reached and he opened the door for me. I walked in and he motioned for me to sit down. I obeyed and sat down at empty table and stared at the table sadly. After, awhile he came back and handed me a double scooped chocolate chip ice cream. He had one too and I silently ate it. “So?”

He looked into my blue eyes with his intense silver. I didn’t notice until now but he was hella’ hot! He had black spiked up hair that matched himself perfectly. “Yeah?”

He looked at me warily and asked,”What happened.”

I sighed sadly and said while licking my ice cream,”I just found out my best friend in the whole wide world is a lesbian and she’s in love with me. Plus, I had to give like 300 dollars to an ice cream man because I dropped his cart and it was all my that I was supposed to spend on my dress for my Aunts wedding. And I got hit in the face by a football. Today’s not my day.” I replied my eyes brimming with tears again.

He panicked and replied,”Please don’t cry. It’ll be ok.”

I nodded and bit my bottom lip holding in my crys. Once, I calmed myself down I licked my ice cream. “Yeah, my list of unexpected things keeps getting longer.”