Dream #2

Lexi's POV:

"I can't do it Lexi."

"What do you mean you can't do it." I said balancing the phone on my shoulder whilst I shoved a large piece of pizza into my mouth "It was a simple job."

"I know...but—" Jessica said across the line.

"But what?" I said rolling my eyes "You know its really not that hard. Just expose some cleavage and kiss him!"

"Its not that easy..." Jessica sighed across the line "he has pretty deep feelings for someone other than me."

"Well then tell me who that girl is and I'll get her to finish your job." I spoke through the food stuffed in my mouth. "Jess, My plan needs to work." I didn't care if I had to search the ends of this earth for that one girl. When I come to think of it, I don't know who else could have such a deep feeling for Zayn. Maybe it was a secret lover ages ago...

"Well...thats not going to work." she said "cause you're that girl."

I snorted brining the phone in my hand but still plastered to my ear "Okay now you're being stupid. I'm carrying the product of his egoistic behaviour." I said rubbing my belly.

"I heard him say it with my own two ears." Jessica said "He loves you Lexi."

I paused. It couldn't be true. I mean there could be a possibly that Jessica was lying about their conversation or it could be a possibility Zayn was lying.

Or he could actually love you.

I shoved that thought aside focusing on what was at hand. I realised Jessica was still there "He's just trying to mess with us. That's what he does best.." I said tucking the strands of hair behind my ears "You need to try harder."

"He threatened to fire me."

"Unless you haven't heard but I am all the co-CEO in this company and I get to make the calls." I said "don't worry about your job I won't let him fire you"

"Okay I'll see what I can do. Bye."

Zayn walked into the house at that point so I put my phone away and pretended like that conversation never happened. He ripped off his tie and chucked his keys in the bowl, shoving his laptop back away.

"Someones been having a bad day." I murmured to myself whilst devouring my own slice of pizza. Zayn paused then rolled his eyes and leaned closer towards me. I immediately tensed up. Was he going in for a kiss? Cause if he was, I was defiantly not ready for this.

Our gaze was in a tight lock and I couldn't seem to look away. Then instead of inching closer to my lips he inched closer to the slice of pizza, bitting into my own slice.

"hey!" I said smacking him as he grabbed his own slice and sat in the chair next to me. We were currently at the breakfast table sitting on the high chairs position by the island.

"so how was your day?" Zayn asked his forearm bumping into mine.

"It was good." I replied shortly leaving the conversation to that.

Zayn dropped the ends of his pizza "By 'how was your day', I meant your appointment."

I thought he'd bring this up, that why I had tucked the small photo of the sonogram under my plate. I bet this appointment was all that he thought about. Bringing out the small photo from underneath my plate, I slid it closer to him. I watched as he brought the photo closer to his eyes, his eyebrows furrowing as he concentrated. The baby was the size of a jelly bean and basically looked like one. They had measure the depth of the neck to ensure it had